Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband download limit

• 11-06-2006 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hello,

I have just moved into a new apartment and have subscribed to NTL broadband 6MB, the only reason being that NTL gave me the fastest installation time of only 6 days.

I need internet access for my business, but also I download alot of games/movies and use about 70-200GB per month download (previously using eircom enhanced, unlimited download), usually i download alot at once, like i go days without downloading anything and then use 30gb in one day.

My question is, what happens when I go over 40gb limit?
    Will they cut me off, charge extra, send a warning etc...

I applied also for smart broadband, they assured me this level of use would be no problem, but because of eircom line problem, could take 2 months before i can get smart broadband working. so hopefully NTL wont cut me off before then :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

send a warning

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

Thanks good to know its just a warning.

I download high definition movies and tv :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

lol why post that.. it's illegal

there are lots of free high definition downloads

and even if I was talking about copyrighted movies, its not illegal to download one copy for personal use
    its only illegal to upload or share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

then where are you downloading from ?? I'm sure the your not downloading from the makers of the movies?

• Advertisement

various places, but thats going off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Lol, owned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

EricM wrote:
    and even if I was talking about copyrighted movies, its not illegal to download one copy for personal use

Yeah sure you keep thinking that, it'll be your defense in court :rolleyes:

Anyway I assume your using bittorrent to download, if if your fuzzy logic was right..which its not, you upload when downloading using bittorrent.

I look forward to the legal action that will be taken against you :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

EricM wrote:

Yeah, just like it's perfectly legal to nick a packet of biscuits from a shop as long as your eating them yourself and not sharing.

Advertisement