Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Router Problem

• 11-06-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hey,

First off I know very little bout most computer stuff. I have a Nintendo DS and decided to try connect to WiFi, as I have a Belkin Wireless Router which is compatible. Anyways, tried setting it all up, chnged the SSID and WEP key through the Belkin Site. But now the laptop I have setup in the other room cant access the internet. Does anyone know how I would go about connecting it back up again. Oh and I still cant conntect to WiFi with the DS either :(

Any help would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You will need to set the SSID & WEP password on the laptop to what you changed it to earlier. Why did you have to change these if you had a working link? It would be easier to just use the ethernet cable to config the router as when you change the SSID or the password you break your link with the router.

Lets just get the lappie connected 1st then worry about the Nintendo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Maybe try getting it working with the security turned off first. Then you can turn it back on after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

thanks for the responses

Well, I havent made much progress with this. I have matched up the SSID and WEP on the Laptop and it does acknowledge that there is a Wireless network but it says that its "Limited or no Connectivity" and still can't use the internet. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sounds like the laptop is failing to get an ip address.
    When it's "connected" to wireless, open a command prompt (Start->run->cmd). Then enter ipconfig /all. Post the output of this here. Are you sure you are entering the WEP key correctly? What you could try to do is switch off WEP on the router and then see if you can connect or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Hint: Don't type the password in, copy and paste it in so you eliminate the chance of typing it incorrectly.

As irlrobins suggests turn off the encription short term to see that you can connect, have you got MAC filtering on?

• Advertisement

I'm gonna try turning off the WEP when I get home, and ill get that output too. Would it do any harm if I restored the factory settings of the Router?

Boo to my technical ineptness, but thanks for all the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

No harm in starting from scratch. Just be sure to note any settings for the router that your ISP provided you with. (username, password, etc)

Hey,

Thanks for all the help, was getting too confused and worried but doing more damage, so decided to call CS and got it all sorted. Apparently I had managed to wipe all the ROuter Settings, and the CS guy didnt know how I had done it.

Thanks again

Advertisement