Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista Mce

• 11-06-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Has anyone installed vista beta 2 and used its media center capabilities ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Gonna be giving it a look myself later this week when I get around to installing the new beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I've used it but not on an ideal system as it was just a regular machine with a 4:3 display and the audio wasn't working due to no driver support for the sound card (I was using the 64-bit version).

It is a bit different alright from the previous MCE the UI is darker, you can now navigate horizontally and vertically for example instead of My Picture & My Videos in XP MCE 05, in Vista MCE you have just one entry called My Pictures & Videos and when you navigate to it you can move horizontally though it's entry that allows you to pick pictures or videos from that category.

It can take a little getting used to but the interface is more compact as a result so I'm still not totally sure about it. One other thing is that it can handle large amounts of files much better and you can quickly navigate through very large libraries.

Although not present it is said that plug-ins for Vista will allowed to be use the actual interface and not an XML mock up like in MCE 05 so that is good.

I did see a movie section with what looks like a My Movies feature but haven't had the chance to check it out as well as the lack of a TV Tuner in the system so no luck on that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

well, so far ive lost count of the amount of times its crashed. Beta my ar$e, alpha more like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

cheers for the heads up souper.

Advertisement