Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Term Kennel for Two Dogs?

Options
  • 11-06-2006 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I'm relocating to London next March for a job and have two fab dogs and giving them away is not an option I'd consider. It's gonna take me a good few months to organise myself over there, test the waters and the property market before i could hope to bring them over. Is there a long term kennel I could use in Ireland where they'd be well looked after? The regular kennel charges €10 per dog per day but 2 dogs for 6 months = €3,360!!!
    Or should I just advertise for a family or farmer off the main road to adopt them for this amount of time (expenses taken care of + extra of course)
    Has anyone else been in a similar position? Feel well guilty about traumatising the dogs too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's what you have to pay to have your dogs taken care of properly.
    You might find it hard to get someone willing to foster them for the time what if it doesn't work out. Kennels would be a safer option for the dogs. You might strike it lucky and find someone to mind them in my expereince anytime someone asks me to long term foster their pet (not dogs smallies) they end up not taking them back for whatever reason. Not saying you would do that to someone but it does happen.

An alternative might be to bring the dogs to the UK and kennel them there, bound to be some good kennels there too although could end up costing the same but the dogs would be in the same country as you and you could visit them.

Here's a list of kennels here.
    Shop around mabey a kennel can do you a deal, my two get put in a run together when they go to kennels and I usually get either a discount or the two for the price of one so that may be a cost cutting option for you.
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/care/kennel.html#board

Advertisement