Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Full Drivers Licence Permit

Options
  • 11-06-2006 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

hello all, i just passed my driving test on saturday.i have my cert and am all ready to apply for that bit of pink paper.
    the problem is i dont know what department and where to go in galway.
    can anyone help please.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

Correct me if im wrong but i think it might be in the city hall thats on eyre square?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I like pink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Correct me if im wrong but i think it might be in the city hall thats on eyre square?

yes the building on prospect hill.takes aout two weeks if i remember, congrats and enjoy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Motor Tax office on Prospect Hill. And beware that those hard working civil servants don't work past 3:30 in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Im pretty sure they also need a 2-3 hour lunch break from all that pen pushing.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

padi89 wrote:
    Im pretty sure they also need a 2-3 hour lunch break from all that pen pushing.:D
    Tis back breaking work you know,my heart goes out to them all

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Oi, I am one of these "hard-working civil servants" and I only take half an hour lunch, which you have to take. However, I have 2 hours lunch IF I want it:D I only applied for the job like any other. Ah yes, it's stressful stuff, workin' for The Man. I will agree that Motor Tax hours are pretty mad though, especially since (aside from Planning), they're the busiest departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

thanks for the info y'all.
    applied and am now currently awaiting it in the post.

*in cork they do it on the spot for you*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

*in cork they do it on the spot for you*

In cp's as well or so I'm lead to believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

error9 wrote:
    In cp's as well or so I'm lead to believe :)

in cps.

Dodgy man in club: Yeah so just leave me with a photograph of yourself and 40 quid and ill send it out to you in the post within 5 working days.

Customer:Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement