Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K750i & ScanDisk Card

• 11-06-2006 8:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Phone got stolen last week and I got it replaced on Friday.

When I got home I found a scandisk MS inside.

This isnt the norm is it?

To me sounds like some one else had the phone or at least it was used for a demo or what ever.

Does any one know do Sony supply their phones with other peoples cards? I dont think they would've

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lol prolly the poster who left it into carphone warehouse to get it fixed and got his phone back minus card :)

Is there anything on it? Mate bought an ipod nano from a shop and it had music and pictures on it, some ehh dodgy picutres of the previous owner and his Gf, also had his address in it too :eek:

kdjac

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

KdjaC wrote:
    Lol prolly the poster who left it into carphone warehouse to get it fixed and got his phone back minus card :)

Is there anything on it? Mate bought an ipod nano from a shop and it had music and pictures on it, some ehh dodgy picutres of the previous owner and his Gf, also had his address in it too :eek:

kdjac

There didnt seem to be anything on it. But even still I wasnt expecting to find a scandisk card in it.

Which poster got his card mislaid?

Dont suppose your friend wants to post the pictures so we can help identify who it is and return it to the right full owner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The W800i comes with a SanDisk card. I'm pretty sure the K750i comes with a Sony one though. The SanDisk ones are faster anyways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

chrislad wrote:
    The W800i comes with a SanDisk card. I'm pretty sure the K750i comes with a Sony one though. The SanDisk ones are faster anyways.

My first phone came with a sony card and my second one came with a scandisk.

If its correct about the W800i it seems strange that sony would be giving a small advantage to their rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

SanDisk manufacture the Sony cards :)

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote:
    SanDisk manufacture the Sony cards :)

Surely it would be better to have a sony branded card in a sony phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

On the topic of "new" phones I got one awhile ago from the CPW, and when I turned it on it had personalised background, pictures of some womans breasts on it, and a few other things.

If they can't be fcukin arsed to make sure a returned phone is actually reset before they sell it I cant be arsed ever buying from them again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

When I bought my K750i from CPW it came with a ScanDisk. Also at the time they were doing a free 1gb promo and that card was also ScanDisk...

SickBoy wrote:
    When I bought my K750i from CPW it came with a ScanDisk. Also at the time they were doing a free 1gb promo and that card was also ScanDisk...

I could understand them giving away a scandisk MS as its prob cheaper than the same Sony one. I just expected to be supplied with a sony one when buying a sony product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I bought one the other day and it came with a Sandisk card too.

Is a 1G the biggest card you can use with the K750i?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It's SanDisk, not ScanDisk, and new Sony phones do come with unbranded SanDisk cards, in my experience anyway.

.cg

Advertisement