Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving on a provisional in France

Options
  • 11-06-2006 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Can I bring my van to france on my provisional licenece..2nd year...insurance seems to indicate that I am covered in europe.

Any advice welcome..
    Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Looks like you got the wrong forum mate....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No. Your provisional licence isn't valid in any other country (including Nothern Ireland).

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Your insurance covers you in Europe alright. But it only covers you if you are legally allowed to drive. Your Provisional isnt valid outside the state. In fact in France you have to drive at a lower max speed if you're on the first year of you full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

seamus wrote:
    No. Your provisional licence isn't valid in any other country

Correct. It shouldn't even be valid in this country imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

tbh unkel, Ive seen some scary things from people who are supposed to have full licences.

Anyway, everyone should do a test regularily... this lark of do the test once and your safe to be allowed on the roads anywhere is a bit mad..

Anyway...thanks for the info..

DW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Xennon wrote:
    tbh unkel, Ive seen some scary things from people who are supposed to have full licences

Absolutely. BTW, my above comment wasn't aimed at you personally, or at any other L-driver in this country for that matter. The system of provisional licenses is wrong imho

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They're changing it to a "learner permit" system. Same old crap though.

Advertisement