Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get stylish TV cabinet?

Options
  • 11-06-2006 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a hide-away TV cabinet, I have looked at a few but they were either poor quality or didn't have enough space for our Hi-fi seperates.
    The type I am looking for is one where there is two front doors and they pull out/fold away while the TV is in use, when not in use the doors hide the screen.
    The Hi-fi has 4 units none huge but I would like to have these fairly accessible, ie not having to get down on your hands and knees to change a disc.
    I know lots of people reading this forum are fitting out houses so you may have seen something that I haven't.
    I would prefer a dark finish mahogony or similar.
    Thanks in advance
    cj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I could make you one if you wanted? Post up a few pics of what you would like and materials you would like it made from and I'l sort you out!

cj any luck with a few pics of what you would like since?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hi
    I have seen one from laura ashley that is called the Garrat I think but it is not ideal for my needs, I don't need drawers but i do need to house the hifi .
    I'll try and find some pics
    edit found a linky
    http://www.lauraashley.com/invt/3164308&bklist=

cj I could make you that if you want! Would you like it made from veneered mdf or solid timber? Any ideas of what you would like for an internal layout?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

Hay galwaydude, I'm looking for a cabinet similiar to this Habitat one. 150cm wide! Gloss white finish. Can you do something similiar?

15149_view1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good man Galway dude, you might have a nice earner there ;)

CJ did you find other sites by any chance? We are looking @ coffee tables and that but have not found what we are looking for

joemc99 wrote:
    Hay galwaydude, I'm looking for a cabinet similiar to this Habitat one. 150cm wide! Gloss white finish. Can you do something similiar?

15149_view1.jpg

Joemc99 I can do that for you no problem at all! What materials would you like it made from?

CJhaughey wrote:
    Hi
    I have seen one from laura ashley that is called the Garrat I think but it is not ideal for my needs, I don't need drawers but i do need to house the hifi .
    I'll try and find some pics
    edit found a linky
    http://www.lauraashley.com/invt/3164308&bklist=

Joe any idea how you like the inside of the unit laid out? A rough sketch would do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I was in House Of Mexico lately and they have some nice stuff there

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

Joemc99 I can do that for you no problem at all! What materials would you like it made from?

I'll do up a 'spec' in the next few days, I want to fit a pc in too, so I'll need to think about the layout.

Can you PM me your details?

btw, the finish we would like is gloss white, like a piano finish!

Also, I assume you are in galway, pity, as I would prefer a built in unit, but I guess that would mean a couple of trips and we are on a budget here?!

• Advertisement

Joe sent you a pm just there :D

joemc99 wrote:
    I'll do up a 'spec' in the next few days, I want to fit a pc in too, so I'll need to think about the layout.

Can you PM me your details?

btw, the finish we would like is gloss white, like a piano finish!

Also, I assume you are in galway, pity, as I would prefer a built in unit, but I guess that would mean a couple of trips and we are on a budget here?!

cj I could make you that if you want! Would you like it made from veneered mdf or solid timber? Any ideas of what you would like for an internal layout?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Try www.touchwood.ie
    She sells furniture from home in SCR Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks for the replies so far,
    Galwaydude: I will try and think of what I would like and PM you.
    Vikinghouse: I will pay a visit next time I am in Dublin.
    JoeMc99:The Panelling Centre sells that high gloss white MDF panelling it is called Ariane, you can get in up to 2400 x 650 sheets.

Advertisement