Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC Referees

• 11-06-2006 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are the free's and cards that are being handed out absolutely rediculious.

Avery John cleanly took the ball in the Sweden game his leg was following but so was his whole body, player goes down and he gets sent off. Harsh.

Figo goes down with no contact at the end of the first half and gets the other guy a yellow card.

I havn't been able to watch too many of the games this year but from what ive seen once a player goes to ground its a free. This should be a spectacle but too many of the games are turning into stop/start affairs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I noticed in the holland v serbia and montenegro game that the ref gave a yellow card (to the dutch) for time wasting during a free kick, but wasnt that late into the game? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Irwin and Cunningham were saying today how good the refs have been so far, I think they have been dire. the slightest contact and its a free or even a yellow, its bloody ridiculous and its encouraging players to dive. Then everybody is singing the refs praises today because he gave the S&M player a yellow for protesting, big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

they still aren't booking players for diving

like some commentator said, at the start of every tournament there's some stupid new rule that means refs give out loads of yellows in the opening round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

there is so much play acting too. It's horrible to watch.
    and as mentioned all the games are becoming stop start, i honestly think that i have managed to sit thru maybe only 2 games so far without taking a nap during the match.

It's boring out! Not one decent game of football yet imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Too many people watching BBC and UTV, quote from yesterday on UTV, "Refs have been good except the one in the England game" (near enought the word used)......FFS england where sh*t and now the excuse is the ref or the next best one is the heat. lol. Refs havent been too bad so far, havent seen one have a terrible game. Worst dicision was the one when the Argentina player threw himself to the ground in his own box and started to roll around holding his foot, got a free and then got up and started to limp away, shown clearly he was about a metre away from the tackle, can this now be shown in the ground to show what a cheating piece of ******** he is???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Not one decent game of football yet imo.
    I thought it has been an excellent world cup so far.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I thought it has been an excellent world cup so far.

all the big teams have so far dissapointed me. No great team performances, one or two great individual performances, Figo & Riquilme stand out, but to me all the big teams who are meant to be the Word's best have stumbled through their opening game. Hopefully the standard improves as the games go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

I heard somewhere that a 'lunge' is now a bookable offence and I *think* that's why Avery John got his second yellow and also why Gerrard got his, even though he made no contact :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

there was one incident where some fellow got fouled and he got the free and he said ref hurry up and book him then he ended up getting the yellow card lol...was a good decision by the ref i think..

• Advertisement

Korroman for S&M, cheeky bollox did it everytime he got fouled. Bad form.

Advertisement