Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy regulator set

• 11-06-2006 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering can anyone give any ideas/advice where to go to buy a reg set. I have usually borrowed one from the dive centre where i dive, but i want to get my own. i just need a basic/reliable package.
    I'm just an open water diver with about 50 dives done, i will prob do the advanced open water, and that would be as far as i will go, not really interested in going any deeper.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

https://ssl.utvinternet.com/aquaholics/moreDetail.asp?productID=1008

pretty good value if ya dont already have a bcd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

cheers for that rick fantastic.
    I saw that one last night, i have my BCD already and i have email aquaholics and asked them for a price for a pachage without the bcd, so will let ya know what they say.

got the following price from Aquaholics in the north

Scubapro MK2+/R295 regulator
    Scubapro R295 octopus
    Scubapro triple console

All the above for £336.00
    The above price includes VAT @ 17.5% and free delivery throughout Ireland

what do ye think ! work out around €500

scuby

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

I suggest that if you are buying a reg. set and are parting with such an amount of money, spend a few extra bob for a 'balanced' reg:

Taken from www.simplyscuba.com

Simply put, a balanced regulator is always a preferable option. Most entry level regulators are unbalanced whereas the next model up is generally balanced. A balanced first stage regulator offers consistent air flow regardless of depth and tank pressure. An unbalanced regulator will become harder to breathe from as depth increases and or tank pressure decreases. That said, modern unbalanced regulators perform very well and the advantage of an unbalanced regulator is that annual service costs are lower as they tend have few moving parts. This does in turn make them exceptionally reliable as are all modern regulators, regardless of type. However, balanced regulators offer consistent high air flow to the second stages making breathing resistance less and therefore breathing easier.

Hope this helps,

Benny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Try Divers Warehouse (www.diverswarehouse.co.uk) they do some Reg sets from €250 to €500 best to get a list of all prices! What i would do is pick a brand and model then a budget and price around all the sites!

• Advertisement

cheers guys,
    just checked simply scuba and they had the set i had quoted above except it has a 2 gauge console, working out at £249 including delivery...
    http://www.simplyscuba.com/ProductGroupDetails.aspx?StockID=81579&ProductGroupIDs=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

also another thing to check out is whether you can get it serviced easily in this country...

a friend of mine bought a reg online think it was sherwood scuba or something but he had to send it away to get it serviced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Hi,
    Don't write off the dealers in Ireland.
    Got a Scubapro MK17 with R395 from the lads in kilkee for €239. R190 octo for €90 and used my own gauges.
    I was quoted €289 for the regs and €115 for the octo from a certain city centre shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Miss Polaris

http://kentdiving.com/

Try Kent Diving

Advertisement