Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Morning Cricket Fans!

Options
  • 12-06-2006 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Trinity has one. Cork has one. Does UCD have a cricket club? I cant find information about it on the net, yet my friend assures me it exists. Well Ive never heard of it. This 'do we or dont we' must end.

Ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cricket is ghey :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

If we do they must play somewhere else, I've never seen a cricket pitch around ucd. I think I'd prefer cricket to rugby, both associated with british snobbery but cricket is far less jockish or thugish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

DaveMcG wrote:

anyone else?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Google "cricket ucd" and you get a few results.

http://www.ucd.ie/sport/cricket.htm

Doesn't say if there was a team last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ooh, I know someone who would love to join up to that.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

DaveMcG wrote:
    So's your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

There was a cricket club last year at the sports expo, but they seemed to just vanish (With a stash of €10s I assume).

I'd never played for a team, but I'd love to give it a bash....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So's your face.
    Damn, shoulda seen that comin :( I go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think I'd prefer cricket to rugby, both associated with british snobbery but cricket is far less jockish or thugish.
    I woulda assumed that cricket is a much more stuck up sport (especially these days). Sorry i shoulda said Gentlemans sport.

I used to have an interest in cricket then i realised how much i infact dispised it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I used to love playing quick cricket when I was younger.Dunno bout UCD but theres a huge cricket club at the back of herbert park near ballsbridge....Quite close to UCD

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I used to have an interest in cricket then i realised how much i infact dispised it.

Quite a turnaround then eh:) Its a fascinating sport in my opinion. I wouldnt associate players in my club with 'British snobbery' or 'stuck up' attitudes, Im sure if you gave it a chance youd feel the same.

So apparently we do have a club, they train at Wesley, and compete at the intervarsities. I have never heard of any of this, neither have my college friends who are into it. With all these negative attitudes looks as though UCD cricket has gone underground:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I woulda assumed that cricket is a much more stuck up sport (especially these days).

cricket is not a stuck up sport in the slightest! The Yorkshire crowds are full of lads just goin for a few beers and a relaxing day, theyre far from being snobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

cricket is not a stuck up sport in the slightest! The Yorkshire crowds are full of lads just goin for a few beers and a relaxing day, theyre far from being snobs!

I know theres plenty of folks who watch it and are by no means snobs but i mainly mean people who play it (thats also what i meant by finding out i despised it. i tried playing it and didnt enjoy it).

I still watch it the odd time in the bigger games and it can be fairly exciting (as long as u have a day (or 5 depending on game type) to watch it). For example that match a while ago where (i dont recall who played but was an international i think) one side set a record one day score then the other team actually managed to beat it. Was very exciting to watch.

What i was trying to point out is that if rugby is snobby then cricket is just as bad (or possibly worse).

InFront wrote:
    Quite a turnaround then eh:) Its a fascinating sport in my opinion. I wouldnt associate players in my club with 'British snobbery' or 'stuck up' attitudes, Im sure if you gave it a chance youd feel the same.

So apparently we do have a club, they train at Wesley, and compete at the intervarsities. I have never heard of any of this, neither have my college friends who are into it. With all these negative attitudes looks as though UCD cricket has gone underground:D

Is that they old wesley the rugby club??If so I live overlooking it and have never seen anyone playing cricket there??

panda100 wrote:
    Is that they old wesley the rugby club??If so I live overlooking it and have never seen anyone playing cricket there??

No Wesley college by Dundrum. Is that the big white building that looks like a hospital. so you get to see old wesley games for free? nice one!

InFront wrote:
    so you get to see old wesley games for free? nice one!

oh yes there really exciting........not :) Good luck jimminy cricket!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I love a bit of cricket! It's crap to watch but brilliant to play. We should set up a club!

OK! Or just hunt down the current clubmembers (whoever they are) and jump up and down until they let us join! I met someone last Tuesday evening who knows a man who knows a man who knows someone in the cricket club... or something like that:)

Advertisement