Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone NOT care about the LC?

Options
  • 12-06-2006 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

So here i am, on boards at half 12 at night, sipping 7up every now and then from a glass which is situated within reach of my left hand on my bedside locker.

im lying up in bed with 3 pillow propping me up, so i can type on my laptop. Maths tomorrow....blah geography after that ......meh.....

am i the only one who really isn't interested in this LC? don't get me wrong, i'm aiming pretty high and have worked pretty hard for 6 years but i really don't care about these exams. the rest of yee are all asleep after studying for hours probably on maths or sumfin.

the heads are probably dreaming about maths paper 2, drooling over a question on calculus.... alarm set for 5am so they can cram in another few grinds sessions just to make sure they get their A.

But it's all a bit of a joke to me tbh, havn't done a tap since friday. more concerned with the WC and re-organising my dvd collection :) ah well, post over, i'll flick on media player now and listen to the eagles - hotel california :cool:

tomorrow is just another day for me, just another hyped up day where everyone panicks and rants about meaningless, boring LC papers :cool: peace out.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I think that's the best way to be. Your brain relaxes and you can remember more when you're not all tense and nervous. I was like you too. Wasn't expecting much though. I was def the most relaxed person there!

In the end I got over 550 but it doesn't matter. As long as you have a job you enjoy at the end of it. And you don't (usually) need a lot of points for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

That's the best way to be really, just living for the moment. Not worrying.

Why can't I be like that :(

:D

Well actually I kind of am really by being on the net at this hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

If ya haven't got the work done by now it'll a lost game :D for myself next year I'm gonna get everything covered well before the time is up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ThrownAway wrote:
    Well actually I kind of am really by being on the net at this hour.

yeah, your in the club, the sunglasses :cool: club.

have to be if your on here at this time :) look at this LC forum at this time of night....... all the young-uns aren't so talkative now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

smemon wrote:
    the heads are probably dreaming about maths paper 2, drooling over a question on calculus.... alarm set for 5am so they can cram in another few grinds sessions just to make sure they get their A.

LOL! i know a good few people like that;) your right about not caring or freaking out as the leaving does seem overhyped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

smemon wrote:
    yeah, your in the club, the sunglasses :cool: club.

have to be if your on here at this time :) look at this LC forum at this time of night....... all the young-uns aren't so talkative now :)
    Oooh yeah the cooool club :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I spent most of time in a stress induced frenzy of agression, nerves and paranoia. I do like the lC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'm not getting stressed over any of it. But I do care about it, there is one course I want to do so badly next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

ahhhhh yeah. I know I worked a million times harder for my junior cert... ah well

All weekend I barely did anything, just sat at home pissed off that the leaving got in the way of Metallica :(

Btw me ma went to see the eagles in dublin last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i knew smemon made this thread before i even saw his name :) i dont care about the exams but i care about getting the points...which contradicts itself really :D
    blahhh wrote:
    Btw me ma went to see the eagles in dublin last night
    i wanted to go see them :( my mum went with some of her friends too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

i don't want to burst any bubbles but the leaving cert is a piece of piss if you do any semi difficult course in college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Stressed way more for the mocks I think. Most of the stress and stuff stopped right about the time I put down my pen in English 2. I think it's the weather. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I am after losing interest after doing so bad in my maths exam. I am quite sure I've not gotten what I want in it, so I am almost considering not going in for the rest of my exams...

But I wasn't really that fused about them in the first place. Nor have my friends been. I went to my friends house, with another, to study for maths paper 2. We did sweet F'all and just ended up having a bbq and getting drunk. Ah procrastination at it's finest, if you're drunk, you can't study. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

ahahahahaha The Eagles *continues to point and laugh*

not even decent country music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Vegeta wrote:
    i don't want to burst any bubbles but the leaving cert is a piece of piss if you do any semi difficult course in college

and thoe purpose of that comment is......?

college folk - f.uck off.

they get awful annoying sometimes.

hehe well i spent yesterday watching fooootball. then thoguth i'd go learn some geography, and instead watch teh french open final :D

so yeah... im not fussed really. i want the points, i'll be disappointed if i dont get them. but i've been workign hard for 6 years, so i hope i'll be grand.

i went to be at 11 last night.. then my phone went off.. and i was txting someone till 1.30... i wish i cared that i am only get like, 5 1/2 hrs sleep.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

course i wanted happened to have piss easy points havent done a tap all year no study for the exams practically and couldnt careless and know ill still do okish and get what i need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

ye to be honest i was working hard for the last 2 years but now i really couldnt care what i get..id rather just get a fulltime job straight away now than go onto college and try and get through four years with out having a nice bit of money in your pocket..so ive decided to just do leaving and get what i get..cause im gonna work full time in a factory or something anytime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blah blah blah

mang87 wrote:
    I am after losing interest after doing so bad in my maths exam. I am quite sure I've not gotten what I want in it, so I am almost considering not going in for the rest of my exams...

I was the same! although i went to french today for the lark:)
    Hopefully i'll pass it and my lack of effort wont have been in vain!
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Why the f*ck did the LC have to coincide with the World Cup?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

Need 555, but I ain't worried. If I get it I get it, if I don't I've done as much work as I can without compromising my happiness. Just gone into all my exams in a swashbuckling frame of mind, so I'm pleased with it. Had fun with English, autopliloted through maths and gea, and had a great laugh with French and Bio today.

You're dead right smemnon, getting worked up about the leaving is stupid. So much more important things in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Archimedes wrote:
    Why the f*ck did the LC have to coincide with the World Cup?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I did my leaving cert in 2002, I missed Ireland versus Germany because of it, I missed robbie keane scoring in last minute because of it, I still retain a hatred for the department of education for that alone!

Anyway I had same attitude as op and actually as above world cup was big reason for it, I card more for that then I did for LC, it's good attitude to have. It's important exam yes but it will not decide the rest of your life and if you don't go to college then after you get your first real job then it becomes irrelevant so just try and it will be over and that will be that, more relaxed you are better you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

cooker3 wrote:
    I did my leaving cert in 2002, I missed Ireland versus Germany because of it

has to be the worst year EVER to have done the leaving cert - WC with ireland in it (rare enough). WC games that start at half 7 in the morning (super rare). really unlucky, i felt for those guys in 2002.

a few weeks ago, i was seriously contemplating heading over today for togo -v- korea (could source tickets) as i was free today. couldnt get flights home in time for tomorrow morning (ive business) so i had to hit that idea on the head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

smemon wrote:
    a few weeks ago, i was seriously contemplating heading over today for togo -v- korea (could source tickets) as i was free today. couldnt get flights home in time for tomorrow morning (ive business) so i had to hit that idea on the head :(

Sure why not, like? ;) It's only business, that exam practically writes itself.

No I'm not too worried, I just want to do my best, I don't particularly need the points because I'll either be doing Art or Music. I'm just taking it easy, and looking forward until I'm free for teh summer.

Rockerette wrote:
    and thoe purpose of that comment is......?

college folk - f.uck off.

they get awful annoying sometimes.

The purpose of my comment is to inform people here who are of the opinion that the LC is anyway difficult or stressful that they are wrong. It is a breeze, it is easy, it is a slight mild discomfort as it gets in the way of things like the world cup.

I am not in college!

I have been finished for nearly 2 years. A lot of leaving cert students are of the opinion that the LC is the hardest set of exams they will ever do. This could not be further from the truth.

If you guys do go to college (and do a semi difficult course: engineering, science etc not business thats simple) don't expect any easy ride, the exams are more difficult, you have less time to learn the material and less support from teaching staff.

There is a serious stink of "Look how cool I am, I care so little about the exams i got 3 seconds sleep last night n haven't studied since the day i was born" on this thread. Well the LC is easy big deal.

Vegeta wrote:
    The purpose of my comment is to inform people here who are of the opinion that the LC is anyway difficult or stressful that they are wrong. It is a breeze, it is easy, it is a slight mild discomfort as it gets in the way of things like the world cup.

I am not in college!

I have been finished for nearly 2 years. A lot of leaving cert students are of the opinion that the LC is the hardest set of exams they will ever do. This could not be further from the truth.

If you guys do go to college (and do a semi difficult course: engineering, science etc not business thats simple) don't expect any easy ride, the exams are more difficult, you have less time to learn the material and less support from teaching staff.

There is a serious stink of "Look how cool I am, I care so little about the exams i got 3 seconds sleep last night n haven't studied since the day i was born" on this thread. Well the LC is easy big deal.

Meh, I do computer course in college, 3 years down now and LC I still regard as tough, problem with it is you do such a wide range of subjects it's hard to learn everything, it's by no means easy and I don't think you should undervalue it and people doing it now.
    in saying that as I said above I care more about world cup then lc but also I care about world cup then college exams

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Ireland aren't in the World Cup, so I couldn't care less about that. I did my Leaving Cert ten years ago, so I couldn't care less about that. Am I strange?

Good luck to all who are doing it, by the way!

cooker3 wrote:
    Meh, I do computer course in college, 3 years down now and LC I still regard as tough, problem with it is you do such a wide range of subjects it's hard to learn everything, it's by no means easy and I don't think you should undervalue it and people doing it now.
    in saying that as I said above I care more about world cup then lc but also I care about world cup then college exams

I don't undermine the poeple but after 4 years of college i considered the LC fun.

In the college i went to there were 6 exams every 12 weeks each one covering about the same amount of stuff as a leaving cert paper (bar english, Irish and Maths as they have 2 papers). Then there was usually a project for each of the six subjects.

What i would consider tough about the LC is the exam timetable and teachers i.e. Maths and geopraphy on the same day but the subjects themselves are well do-able. Teachers in my school were awful bar a few and you might not even be in there class

Vegeta wrote:
    I don't undermine the poeple but after 4 years of college i considered the LC fun.

In the college i went to there were 6 exams every 12 weeks each one covering about the same amount of stuff as a leaving cert paper (bar english, Irish and Maths as they have 2 papers). Then there was usually a project for each of the six subjects.

What i would consider tough about the LC is the exam timetable and teachers i.e. Maths and geopraphy on the same day but the subjects themselves are well do-able. Teachers in my school were awful bar a few and you might not even be in there class

Roughly the same as me, 6 exams twice per year.
    Overall college is harder but I wouldn't say it's a big differance and I certainly wouldn't like to do have to do the leaving cert again, still bet I would find it tough, definately would be fun!

Advertisement