Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Has Frozen Over!!!!

Options
  • 12-06-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

It seems all the apocolyptic talk was right after all. The end must be nigh! Because one of the games industry standard jokes may soon be a joke no more! Here is the story that many waited for and most thoguth would never happen. Apparently Duke Nukem Forever will be released at the end of the year! Is this a joke? Possibly. Is it a tax dodge? Probably. Is it a bizarre mirage brought on by the copius amounts of booze and drugs that I've taken today? The purple monkey says it's not, and he wouldn't lie to me! So what do you all think? Is this just another in a long line of false articles claiming the game will actually be finished?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

No it's to do with a bonus 3D Realms will get if they release it by then, doesn't mean that they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

this was a report saying take2 want to get it out by the end of the financial year to cut their losses, but wether it'll happen or not is another thing. 3drelams admitted they've only got "bits and pieces" of the game, which all have to be "brought into 1 game, under 1 engine" (suggesting parts of the game are running under completely different engines)...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

DNF will be released by the end of the year?

Suuuure it will :rolleyes:

I'll eat my hat if it is actually released by then and is any good. I doubt either of those two things will be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Lol, i knew what this thread was gonna be about just by seeing the title, It's gonna be another rise of the robots jobby :)

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

DNF will be great when it's released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Lord Oz wrote:
    DNF will be great when it's released.
    Shame we wont live along enough to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Shame we wont live along enough to see it.

Our grandkids might.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i love how they still have those orginal screenshots that where from E3 01 i believe

Sand wrote:
    Our grandkids might.
    Bit of emphasis needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The staff at 3DRealms sit at their desks all day playing other games. Eventually they're going to declare bankruptcy and admit they brought their financial backers along for a ride, at their expense!*

*May be made up

"When it's done" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

3D Realms are saying this is nothing to do with them, it's related to some deal between take 2 and the previous publishers.

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

I hear the game will have songs from the next Guns N' Roses album.

....................................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hey... remember how long we waited for Daikantana and that turned out alright, didn't it?

Hey... remember how long we waited for Daikantana and that turned out alright, didn't it?
    Still have fond memories of that game, and a claw hammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I never played Daikatana. Not even the preview demos.

You may now feel jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

What amazes me is that they can still find anyone stupid enough to bankroll them after all this time.

When you think of the quality games studios that have gone to the wall, that were actually producing good games - the mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What amazes me is that they can still find anyone stupid enough to bankroll them after all this time.

They cant by their own admission. They claim its all self funded in that linked thread.

TBH, Im amazed they have fanboys. They seemed to have the required forum champion there leaping on any hint of a criticism in a desperate bid to be loved and favoured by the developers. Just how psychologically damaged does a fanboy have to be to be still frantically defending 3DR after all this time and no game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

It's probably going to be bundled with Infinium Labs' Phantom console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Fidelis wrote:
    It's probably going to be bundled with Infinium Labs' Phantom console.
    i love how they still have shots from E3 04 on their site, with launch titles such as UT2k3! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sand wrote:
    TBH, Im amazed they have fanboys. They seemed to have the required forum champion there leaping on any hint of a criticism in a desperate bid to be loved and favoured by the developers. Just how psychologically damaged does a fanboy have to be to be still frantically defending 3DR after all this time and no game...
    Actually, slightly less then your average fanboy. Most fanboys have to survive the release of their chosen project, which invariably turns out to be much worse than they expected. They then have to some how delude themselves into believing that it's actually better than they ever thought it would be. Duke Nukem fanboys don't have that worrying little detail to trouble them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement