Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sun - Suzie knew 4 housemates

• 12-06-2006 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Mickey, Nikki, Richard and Pete all knew Suzie.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006260842,00.html
    BIG Brother bosses faced fix claims last night after it emerged busty new Golden Housemate Suzie Verrico met several of the others at AUDITIONS.

Her ticket number, 14, was on one of 35 balls in a lottery-style draw — which she won. But on entering the house she was recognised by at least FOUR other housemates.

Mikey said to her: “You didn’t win a Golden Ticket, did you? I met you at auditions.”

Suzie, 43, blushed: “Sshh. I’m not allowed to talk about that.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Some strong thoughts on it here

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=395974

It all seems a bit fishy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

She was a stand in for BB5, as was pete. there is a picture floating around the web of pete with Vanessa from BB5, She sat next to nikki at auditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

when i watched it pete asked something about the how popular the show was and she replied "Sshh. I’m not allowed to talk about that"

i have it taped at home will check it out when i get out of work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

ther's better conspiracies out there :D

Ive read loads on DigitalSpy just now, there's some serious fruitcakes posting over there. Share the ones you think are better Bamboozled ;)

This one stands out

"Suzy - Was it a fix?"

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=396556

• Advertisement

Pete can be heard saying "its 14" on this video before the ball is picked out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XNrfTk-0gc&search=golden%20ticket

mukki wrote:
    when i watched it pete asked something about the how popular the show was and she replied "Sshh. I’m not allowed to talk about that"

i have it taped at home will check it out when i get out of work!

Its here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytBqkT8u04E&search=bb7%20golden%20ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I think the woman was just desparado to get in and the 14 ball WAS a coincidence - stranger things have happened...but i would liked to have seen someone ordinary and mingin go in - like throwing meat to the lions haha...
    Once people are rejected at the audition process they should eliminate them from any future considerations - there are surely enough people in Britain going for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

plus the papers got it wrong if you watch the footage back davina says her husband bought sixty boxes of kitkats to no avail and then spent 4,000 on buying her golden ticket! the woman would have killed to go in probably... 60 boxes is surely another grand or so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I watched the Golden housemate selection and must say that as the potential housemates were being shown for the first time both myself and the gf said that Suzie would be going in.

BB is a TV show and I have no doubt whatsoever that it was a fix. All of the guys that were there looked like complete goons, they would not have been a threat to any of the existing housemates.

Suz is a threat in so many ways, the fact that the housemates recognised her, made her appearance sinister and threatening. Lea is threatened by a better looking fake tits woman (with more dosh!). Glyn is threatened by her being posh and from London. Lisa is just threatened full stop and Grace and Imogen know they can have no hold over her whatsoever.

All of this coupled witht he fact that only Suz can nominate makes me think it is all a fix. She may even be told by BB who to nominate (off-screen of course!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It's all an elaborate scam, and I'd say KitKat sales have been the main winner.

It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Pff- no way. She was just desperate to get in, and so bid the highest on the golden ticket on eBay. C'mon people, if someone really really wanted to get in, would they not have been trying out for years, and spend so much buying a ticket? Some people would believe anything. Remember in BB5 a few of them had been in the same auditions too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Apart from KitKats of course, which always leave a good taste in the mouth :D

Still think it is a fix. Mind can't be changed. Davina did say that Suz had been a hopeful for several previous BBs but left out the fact that she ahd tried out for BB7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Looking at the footage it looks like it may actually of been fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-uGrb2wTvo

The live feed one she grabs one down on the side, while the BBLB footage shows her holding her hand in the middle of the drum.

That has been explained as a different camera angle and it means (if it wasnt) that Ashlyne would have had to been in on it and I dont believe that.

There's also screengraps on DS:BB of closeups of the draw where more than the number 14 can be seen but the questions remain:

1) Why did Davina spend more time talking about number 14's details than any other?

2) Why didnt Suzy look in the least bit suprised when she won?

3) How did Davina know her backstory straight away when she did? There's no way she had all 34 hopefuls details memorised and producers giving it to her in her earpiece would have made it sound alot more broken up than Davina's delivery.

They're just 3 that come to mind, there's loads more theories out there. Im not a huge BB fan by any means and find myself only watching the odd highlights show this year or BBLB if its on, but this is taking the public for a ride bigtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yeah, I thought it was a fix too. I bet all the balls in there were number 14! haha But for a while I thought it was just a huge coincidence that number 14 came out after Nikki and Pete shouting it, thought it was a huge coincidence that the person who spent 4 grand on a ticket after buying 60 boxes of kitkats actually won. etc.

But it's BigBrother..there's been lots of fixes in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

There's also screengraps on DS:BB of closeups of the draw where more than the number 14 can be seen but the questions remain:

1) Why did Davina spend more time talking about number 14's details than any other?

2) Why didnt Suzy look in the least bit suprised when she won?

3) How did Davina know her backstory straight away when she did? There's no way she had all 34 hopefuls details memorised and producers giving it to her in her earpiece would have made it sound alot more broken up than Davina's delivery.
    1) Probably because she's obviously so utterly desperate to get in & was probably the only one who spent thousands of pounds trying to get in. I remember Davina giving other miscellaneous details about other ramdom wannabes too.

2) Botox

3) Sure what else does davina have to do all day but go over all the profiles for the show? She probably had buzzwords given to her in her earpiece & just filled in the rest.

If it is a conspiracy,I'd say they'd be more shrewd than that.

Yeah, I thought it was a fix too. I bet all the balls in there were number 14! haha But for a while I thought it was just a huge coincidence that number 14 came out after Nikki and Pete shouting it, thought it was a huge coincidence that the person who spent 4 grand on a ticket after buying 60 boxes of kitkats actually won. etc.

But it's BigBrother..there's been lots of fixes in the past
    They recognised her. She's a BB ho.. she's been to all the auditions, she's been a stand by for BB5, she got to the finals of BB7.

Do ye not realise that there are people out there that will go to every reality show audition (not just BB) just for their "chance" and that after a while evreyone gets to know everyone else?!
    ~~~~~

One the girls managed to get Davina's cue card from the housemates introductions. Suzie was given a whole lot more than everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bamboozled wrote:
    They recognised her. She's a BB ho.. she's been to all the auditions, she's been a stand by for BB5, she got to the finals of BB7.

Do ye not realise that there are people out there that will go to every reality show audition (not just BB) just for their "chance" and that after a while evreyone gets to know everyone else?!
    ~~~~~

One the girls managed to get Davina's cue card from the housemates introductions. Suzie was given a whole lot more than everyone else.
    there was a news of the world journalist in with a golden ticket. she didn't get in. news of the worlds sister paper calls it a fix.
    is anyone really surprised at that?

• Advertisement

NO surprise there then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Hobbes wrote:
    Looking at the footage it looks like it may actually of been fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-uGrb2wTvo

The live feed one she grabs one down on the side, while the BBLB footage shows her holding her hand in the middle of the drum.

To be honest it looks like it was from two seperate camera angles. The weird noise that Ash makes is the same on both shots.

Then again it could just be a massive fix :D

Cormic wrote:
    Then again it could just be a massive fix :D

It was.

Do you think the BB producers were going to let just anyone in the house? An average joe soap with nothing to say? Ok so a few of them looked interesting in the lineup of 34 but why did Nikki and Pete recgonise so many?

Davina telegraphed the whole thing when she gave Suzie a whole paragraph and the others just a line during the introductions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

How did they have all those golden clothes in her size???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They probably had a variety of wardrobes on standby for the golden housemate, so that one appropriate for the size/sex of the winner could be picked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I havent watched BB that consistantly but my mate said that they had/have a big statue with her face carved in it just outside the diary room. Would that have taken a day to make? Would they bother making 35 of them for all golden ticket winners? Or did they already know that Suzie was going in?

And it's true..why would they let an average bloke/girl in there? Thats why they have auditions - they scrutinize everyone until they get the most interesting person. And thats what they did with the golden ticket people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

She surely can't have been the most interesting out of the golden ticket winners. I think she's as dull as dishwater.

julep wrote:
    there was a news of the world journalist in with a golden ticket. she didn't get in. news of the worlds sister paper calls it a fix.
    is anyone really surprised at that?

It wasnt just The Sun

1415957.jpg

Main points of The Star story

Maxwell saying that Suzie took part in the dry run with him (last year)

The Golden Ticket winner (no34) saying.....

1. All the Golden ticket winners except 2 (her and the NOTW reporter) have either been in final selection process or dry runs before

2. Number 14 showed no emotion when picked just as if she expected it all along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think someone willing to buy a huge number of boxes of kit-kats and then pay 4,000 for a ticket would probably pay a bit more to get her in.

Advertisement