Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECW One Night Stand reaction

• 12-06-2006 4:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

So what did you think of the show? I thought it was superb and the main event totally made the whole night.

I found RVD winning the title a complete shock. I fear they will take it off him on Raw in a rematch with Cena but I hope they don't do this as it would be a horrible way to treat the whole F*cking show.

The crowd were awesome from start to finish and I loved the "You can't wrestle" and "same old sh*t" chants. :D

The match between Funk and Dreamer and Foley and Edge was bloodier than I thought it would be. Did anyone else think Funk had really lost his eye cos I sure did.

Sabu vs Rey was great up until the finish but Rey's landing looked really bad. That table looked like it gave way before Rey's head hit it.

The only downside was JBL announcing he is now the voice of Smackdown. Me thinks I might miss the show from now on with that clown doing commentary. At least the crowd laid into him.

All in all I thought it was a brillaint show. Can't wait to see what happens on Raw now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mysterious_2006

OMFG that was the best PPV I have seen in so long.

Thoroughly enjoyed it , the crowd made it unbelievable.

"Cena Swallows, Cena Swallows, Cena Swallows, Cena Swallows"

Excellent.

I also loved the tajiri match, and mick foleys match.

One word for One Night Stand : EXTREME.

10/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it was very good yea and I also thought terry funk was seriously after dion himself in as well. sabu and rey was ok. got better with all the high flyin but its a pity they couldnt finish.

I can see van dam losing his title because there was no official count on it. just heyman. EDGE IS THE MAN! :D

The crowd made that event what it was: Absolutley SPECTACULAR!

I went into ONS never thinking that RVD would win, but there you go.
    Funk and Dreamer vs. Foley and Edge was the match of the night for me. Someone give Terry Funk a medal!
    I was really impressed with Super crazy and Tajiri. I hope that they're rivlary rekindles. :)

And I never though I'd see the day where Edge would wear protection. Simply marvellous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Great ppv, not sure if it was as good as last years though

That was the best Orton match I think I've ever seen. FBI vs Super Crazy and Tajiri was a very good match aswell, I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't like the finish to Sabu and Mysterio, how often do you get a no-contest in ECW? I've seen Sabu get up from worse than that, so it seemed kinda stupid. Suppose they had to do it so as not to bury either guy. I'm happy that JBL is the new SD commentator! It'll be like a 2 hour Bradshaw promo! At last there'll be a proper heel color commentator, it should be good

The tag match was very good, most graphic use of barbed wire I've seen on tv. When Funk was shouting about his eye, I didn't know what to think. I've fallen for his injuries too many times! He's still got better psychology than 90% of the WWE roster, some things he did were excellent. Some excellent spots in this match. Kind disappointed with the Balls/Tanaka match, Tanaka was still standing after a lot worse than a chair shot in his match last year!
    Not really sure why they had Eugene get beat by Sandman. Could've been better with someone like Rob Conway or Matt Striker

Crowd was excellent for Cena/RVD. Would have liked to see Rob kick out of an FU, that would've really had the crowd on the edge of their seats! I was happy with the ending, but straight away I thought that WWE are going to either claim it wasn't a legitimate win and say the title change never happened, or Cena will win a rematch and ECW will claim that the rematch wasn't legitimate. That'll cheapen the win. Looks like they might be going for the first one, Cena has a match against Edge on Raw, and the preview is all about whether RVD's title win actually is legitimate. Don't like that

Did anyone notice Trinity in the ring at the end? Looks like she's going to be in ECW. Mikey Whipwreck and Fonzie were in the ring too, so if they're not going to be a part of ECW, I would've liked to see them during the event

All in all, better ppv than nearly all WWE's, a lot of TNA's, but not as good as last year's. I think that's cos the nostalgia factor in last year's show was good, but this time they're building a new ECW. Should be entertaining on their tv show this week anyway!

EDIT: WWE have some videos of Rey getting treatment after his match, and Funk gettin treatment during and after his match here. After watchin the first two videos, I wasn't convinced that yer man that stopped the Rey/Sabu match was an actual medical guy, but he stitches up Terry's head in the last video. Terry's eye seems to be fine, although I'm not sure about his last words on the clip..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I liked it but a few things I didnt like. Probably cause i was shattered after working but how and ever.

The Eugene bit seemed unnecessary. Sure it gave the Sandman something to do but something better could have been written for him. Attacking JBL maybe? Balls and Tanaka was disappointing. Oh and Fonzy should have been ringside for at least one match.

Other than that a good solid show. The FBI match was great. Shows how characters like Nunzio got held down but can perform in another enviroment. Now if only Dean could jump over...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

:D

For me One Night Stand was better than wrestlmania!

from start to finish i could not stop smiling.

after Taz spent less than a minute beating the king via tazmission they had argueably the best announce duo in the WWE as he he rejoined joey styles who seemingly has the same voice as micheal cole butdoes not talk ****.

the hardcore legends Foley, Funk and Dreamer proved their monicures right while Edge is really starting to fulfill his potential.

Ortan surprised a lot of people as his match against angle was great

Sabu and Ray were probably as good as possible without a ligit finish, which they couldent have without the ECW fighter losing as a title was dropped to become the new ECW title in the main event and WWE werent going to have no champ after the show.

FBI, Tajiri and super crazy all showed how good they can be given the chance in their match at the end of which even Big Show looked good.

then RVD did what had to be done to make the night great pinned Cena 1-2-3

the star of the night tho was obviously the crowd, and after seing that crowd it can only fills you with encouragement for every ECW event forcoming.

so to sum up bring on the new ECW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

sounds like it was awesome...i ldefinitley check it out later
    "cena swallows"......hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa;)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

That was the best pay per view I've seen in ages. I liked the Edge/Foley vs Funk/Dreamer. Crazy stuff. Great/funny finish.

The crowd where great. I've never seen a crowd throw Cenas hat and shirt back at him. It was great. "You can't wrestle" chant made me laugh.

I didn't like the Orton Angle match. Orton really seemed limited.

All the same it was a 10/10 pay per view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watching the PPV i saw the usual tickets are available thing at the bottom of the screen it got me thinking. what happens if it ends up being mainly children and their parents who buy these tickets. it would ruin ECW imo

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Personally I thought last years ONS was better,but this was really good nonetheless,I dont know how Cena didnt snap halfway through! He did his job in fairness,did ye hear the "Hepatitis" chants at Orton?? Madness! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

Absolutely AMAZING PPV.
    The best PPV since ONS last year. In my opinion the crowd was better for this year's event.
    ECW crowd vs. Cena was even better than I hoped it would be. Throwing back his T-Shirt was pure gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I watched almost every ECW PPV when the company was still going under Paul Heyman,i havent watched any WWE stuff in over a year is this the reason i was dissapointed with last nights ONS!

Its been a while since i watched wrestling,for whatever reason i decided to watch ONS last night im not sure,im glad i did,i enjoyed watching wrestling again but i was dissapointed at the PPV as a whole!

Its less hardcore and more gimmicky than it was thats for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

An interesting point of note is that Rob Van Dam is now a Grand Slam champion having held the tag title, European title, Intercontinental title and now the WWE title.

I think there's only been five other Grand Slam champs. HBK, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Y2J and Eddie Guerrero although Chris Benoit can probably count as one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i thought it was great until the end, i felt the last match wasn't as good as the others, a big spectacular end didn't make up for a poor match for me,

i'm shocked that the WWE title was won on ECW if it doesn't come back as stated it might signal an end to the brand split, but i doubt it,

best match by far was Rey Vs Sabu, so what if they were both "injured" at the end and it was a non finish, up to that the match was fantastic, Kurt Vs Randy was also very good, as was FBI vs Super Crazy and Tajari, oh yeah and balls vs tanaka was good, the 6 man tag was a great match but having the wwe team win was a stupid mistake, if you are trying to relaunch something you don't promote that product as inferior to a competing product, Funker was great for his age and edge and dreamer were very good but by good i was dissapointed in Foley, all he did was take bumps, and badly too, he wasn't in good enough shape to wrestle( shame on him considering Funker at 61 was in better shape) all in all 9 out of 10 thanks to Foleys poor showing and what i fear may be a shaft for RVDs title run (won in dubious circumstances)

note i've never rated a wwe ppv higher than 7.5

as i feared wwe are already strting to brand it as contoversial

from wwe.com
    WWE.COM wrote:
    Controversy is reigning supreme following ECW One Night Stand. Rob Van Dam is celebrating like he’s the new Champion, but is that really the case after everything that went down in his match against John Cena? That question will be answered as the Championship situation will be cleared up right when RAW goes on the air tonight at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

At One Night Stand, in a match battled under Extreme Rules, Cena was met with controversy at every turn. Not only was he attacked by Edge, but Paul Heyman was the one who counted the 1-2-3. With all of that controversy looming, some are left questioning whether or not Cena actually lost the Championship.

Cena had things going his way, and RVD was hurting outside of the ring. Then, from out of nowhere, Edge emerged from underneath the ring and speared Cena through a table that was propped up in one of the corners. Edge then knocked out referee Nick Patrick, the second official knocked out, and left Cena laying in the middle of the ring. RVD recovered and came back to see his opponent motionless in the ring. Seizing the opportunity, Van Dam scaled the ropes and delivered a Five Star Frog Splash. But there were no referees to make the count. With that, Paul Heyman strode to the ring, grinning from ear to ear. Heyman told RVD to cover Cena, and the head of ECW made the count, seemingly making RVD the new Champion.

But was that even legal? Although there were no referees around to make the count, does Heyman have the authority to become an official on the spot? And if not, then did the Championship actually change hands?

It’s unfathomable to even think of how Cena must feel after such a loss. He somehow managed to adapt to the ravenous crowd at the Hammerstein Ballroom, and was even taunting them in a weird twist of fate. But even so, he had to deal with Edge, Paul Heyman, and of course, RVD’s amazing athleticism. How will the former Champ react to all of the controversy tonight on RAW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I liked the show. The matches from this year might have been better than last years but for whatever reason I liked last years show more.

The crowd was the highlight for me. There not gonna be there every week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That was some PPV. I have never seen ECW except for some wrestlers coming into WWE and that but it was awesome. Cena will definitly get the title back after that finish. Rey and Sabu was :eek: . probably the best match I have seen since TLC. Didn't see the point in Sandman and Euegene :confused: Just took up time. Sick i missed Funk/Dreamer V Edge/Foley :mad: . Ijust thoght it looked a bit amatuer the arena and the ring. But all in all brilliant. Well done to Orton it was funny watching him being helped out and saying "Look at all my fans" even though they were booing him. Fair play to the ECW crowd can you imagine a WWE fan throwing his hat and shirt back, it would never happen. It just made the night. 10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Angle made Orton look stupid.. I really liked Angle's shoot style.. I think he should keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Best PPV of the year! May I add to all the other comments how good Joey Styles sounded when he could call the matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

anyone see the "if cena wins, we riot" sign?
    thought that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

A great PPV ruined by the Sandman segment.

It made Sandman, ECW, The fans, Styles and Tazz look like ****. And for people who are using the excuse (on other sites) that ECW fans cheered the segment because the WWE took the fans as stupid by using the character in the first place, that is still not good enough. The whole segment of a mentally challanged wrestler begging an old drunk to stop beating him is the worst and sickest segment I have seen in wrestling. The main reason for this was because Sandman was supposed to be a face and was cheered on every step of the way by the fans.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    watching the PPV i saw the usual tickets are available thing at the bottom of the screen it got me thinking. what happens if it ends up being mainly children and their parents who buy these tickets. it would ruin ECW imo

I was thinkin that myself. WWE fans aren't really used to participating in events as much. In ECW, it was more like it is in the indy's, even TNA to an extent, the fans are much more a part of the show and are acknowledged more. Hopefully any WWE fans going to the ECW shows will have learned from the real ECW fans at ONS though!

dlofnep wrote:
    Angle made Orton look stupid.. I really liked Angle's shoot style.. I think he should keep it.

I really enjoyed it too. It was the most realistic wrestling match I'd seen in a while during certain parts. Pity he couldn't end the fight once he got his hooks in!

A great PPV ruined by the Sandman segment.

I think they stuck Eugene out there as a guy who is a representative of WWE (so the fans would like to see him get beaten by an ECW lad), and they knew full well that the fans would treat him just as a normal person playing a stupid (in some people's eyes), or typical WWE, character. I'm sure Eugene will have something to say about it though

Fozzy wrote:

I really enjoyed it too. It was the most realistic wrestling match I'd seen in a while during certain parts. Pity he couldn't end the fight once he got his hooks in!

I've trained some freestyle and greco wrestling myself, so I can appreciate his double legs and what not. It was just real cool to see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'd be interested to see if angle could still go physically in a ufc environment, he's more than likely past the point of ever finding out at this stage.

ons decent show, the crowd made the thing, the matches were terrible compared to most of last years matches, eddie/benoit, storm/jericho

edge humping belulah during the pin was a nice touch i thought :p

With training, yes he could.. But MMA (ufc/pride/etc..) is much more than just wrestling. He would have a great base with his olympic level wrestling like Mark Coleman did, and Dan Henderson/Matt Lindland etc.. all who are great MMA fighters - But Kurt would have to work on his jiu-jitsu and on his striking to really make an impact. Maybe 2 years of solid training, he'd be dangerous for anybody.. I'm not sure however how much damage doing pro-wrestling has done to his body.. He doesn't look very naturally healthy if you get me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

apparantly his neck is in worse condition at this stage than austins, so i dont think he'd last a couple of rounds in ufc against any credible opponent.

i reckon the move to ecw and reverting back to a more shoot style, is to avoid taking more bumps than he would have to week in, week out working wwe style matches.

theres some guys in wwe that are going to be in awful shape in their later years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

JBL taking over from Taz, how brilliant is that? ... (very brilliant if you were wondering). Great to have him on air still. Hopefully when smackdown comes to ireland he'll do a promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

The whole segment of a mentally challanged wrestler begging an old drunk to stop beating him is the worst and sickest segment I have seen in wrestling.

Really? So you never say any of the following

Katie Vick angle?
    Sexual Chocolate and the Transvestite?
    Mae Young and Mark Henry?
    Mae Young giving birth to a hand?

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Really? So you never say any of the following

Katie Vick angle?
    Sexual Chocolate and the Transvestite?
    Mae Young and Mark Henry?
    Mae Young giving birth to a hand?

Seen some of those and this is worse.

I know the reason this segment happened was to show how ECW fans feel about stupid WWE gimmicks and how many ECW fans loath WWE and all it stands for. Thats ok for me and you and others who understand that. But for a normal viewer how dosent know what goes on behind the scenes it looks like a Mentally challanged man getting the ****e kicked out of him despite on his kness begging him to stop by a drunk who was cheered on not only by all the fans but also the commentators.

I have many friends who dont like wrestling and tbh I couldnt be bothered trying to tell them its not "gay" and its not all as fake as you think because uf they seen that and without understanding what goes on behind the scenes they would be discusted. Even Sky cut the whole scene from the repeat. It would have worked better if it was JBL in that posititon because then the whole of ECW and fans included wouldnt look like ****. I'm not saying they ARE **** because they were booing how stuipd Nicks character is and not the fact a mentally chalanged man was getting beaten but it wouldnt look like that to everyone.

Seen some of those and this is worse.

I know the reason this segment happened was to show how ECW fans feel about stupid WWE gimmicks and how many ECW fans loath WWE and all it stands for. Thats ok for me and you and others who understand that. But for a normal viewer how dosent know what goes on behind the scenes it looks like a Mentally challanged man getting the ****e kicked out of him despite on his kness begging him to stop by a drunk who was cheered on not only by all the fans but also the commentators.

I have many friends who dont like wrestling and tbh I couldnt be bothered trying to tell them its not "gay" and its not all as fake as you think because uf they seen that and without understanding what goes on behind the scenes they would be discusted. Even Sky cut the whole scene from the repeat. It would have worked better if it was JBL in that posititon because then the whole of ECW and fans included wouldnt look like ****. I'm not saying they ARE **** because they were booing how stuipd Nicks character is and not the fact a mentally chalanged man was getting beaten but it wouldnt look like that to everyone.

That said, I seriously doubt many casual viewers would have been watching the PPV. The ECW fanbase is notoriously bloodthirsty and have done far worse (matter of opinion) in relation to getting angles over or just doing TV spots. Personally I dont think the ECW fans came across as "****", in fact as a fan, I was laughing my ass off at that segment - but thats just me

• Advertisement

i got a laugh out of it too. the minute i saw him appear, i was wondering who was going to kick his ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yeah, thought it was funny myself

Are you for real? Who would think that a mentally retarded man would be allowed have the crap beaten out of him with a kendo stick? It's that kind of idiotic logic that ECW is rebelling against. To be honest, if you didn't like the segment then ECW isn't for you. Go back to watching WWE and Eugene wiping his boogers on Matt Striker.

It's that kind of idiotic logic that ECW is rebelling against. To be honest, if you didn't like the segment then ECW isn't for you. Go back to watching WWE and Eugene wiping his boogers on Matt Striker.
    i wouldn't agree with that at all, i hated the segment, not for sensitivity reasons, i felt it was just another example of WWE filling in time when not knowing what to do with a character, they'd have been better off having sandman decimate edge and foley after their win and restore the balance to ECW than what they did, i went for a piss while it was on (and yes i washed my hands).
    it was an annoying reminder to me that ECW is owned by Titan Sports

The segment I hated the most was the JBL one - completely pointless and lost on the ECW. Granted he did make the most of it, but the crowd and I (in my own little way) was sick to death of him - he kept rambling on and on and on and.....

Ph3n0m wrote:
    The segment I hated the most was the JBL one - completely pointless and lost on the ECW. Granted he did make the most of it, but the crowd and I (in my own little way) was sick to death of him - he kept rambling on and on and on and.....
    Actually i'd agree on that being an overlong segment, i was originally kind of enjoying it, but found myself wondering a good few times, "is he not near finished yet?"
    i suppose they did it there so noone at ECW/SD on tuesday could leak the spoiler of who Tazs replacment was, but i'd have prefered it kept over and done on SD as a shocker.

• Advertisement

I did think JBL went on a little long, but the ppv ended up a bit short on time anyway. They obviously want people to still watch SD. Or not, as the case may be.. Did anyone else think that the guy behind Bradshaw with the Rey mask actually was Rey at first? I thought he was goin to come out and attack JBL, but that he was on camera by accident

it was an annoying reminder to me that ECW is owned by Titan Sports

Titan Sports hasn't been around for 7 years, get with the times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Fozzy wrote:
    Did anyone else think that the guy behind Bradshaw with the Rey mask actually was Rey at first? I thought he was goin to come out and attack JBL, but that he was on camera by accident

Actually yeah ... although I didn't think he was coming out to attack him .... for some reason I thought that was the area the wwe crew were hanging out in (think it was close to the area they had last year .... or am I completly wrong and they were in another building)

Also, I reckon JBL was there also to push the ecw show on the sci fi channel ... which was probably a redundant move, but any excuse to have JBL on tv is a good excuse.

Cactus Col wrote:
    Also, I reckon JBL was there also to push the ecw show on the sci fi channel ... which was probably a redundant move, but any excuse to have JBL on tv is a good excuse.

Yeah right. The guy is up Vince's hole and that's why he was there. His segment had no business being on an ECW show.

Are you for real? Who would think that a mentally retarded man would be allowed have the crap beaten out of him with a kendo stick? It's that kind of idiotic logic that ECW is rebelling against. To be honest, if you didn't like the segment then ECW isn't for you. Go back to watching WWE and Eugene wiping his boogers on Matt Striker.

Hows that idiotic logic? Some casual fan turns in and sees someone acting as a mentaly challanged wrestler and is getting beat by the Sandman do you really think that will attract more viewers. This kind of ****e dosent offend me. Mate thwey could make fun of 911 and it wouldnt offend me but it dosent mean I would agree with it. It was a stupid segment that made it look like some drunk beating the ****e out of a mentally challanged man. I'm not the only one that thinks that btw as many other people thought the segment was ****e. Oh and great reply mate, I complain about one segment in the whole show and you tell me to go back to watching Eugene on WWE.:rolleyes:

Is ECW for me? I dont know yet. If every match is over the top voilence then it wont be. As thats not wrestling at all. A match like that is good every now and then but I'll be watching to see good storylines and good wrestling matches from the likes of Angle, Punk (who I hope they call up) and a few others with a bit of hardcore wrestling in between.

it's a tv show. it's not real and anyone who thinks it is, is as retarded as eugene pretends to be.

• Advertisement

It was a stupid segment that made it look like some drunk beating the ****e out of a mentally challanged man.

Was it not worse when it was HHH acting as if he liked Eugene, only to turn on him and beat the ****e out of him? I'd regard that as worse

I really miss Punk actually. Really hope he's on tv soon

Its more the fans and commentators cheering Sandman on as Eugene begged him stop. I didnt find it offensive, its more it isnt going to attract viewers imo. If a casual sees that I feel they are going to think to themselves why would we watch ****e like that.

As another person on another site put it "It looked like a baying mob cheering on a drunk beating a man who is playing a mentally chalanged character." Its the the fact that people would think its real its more how it looked on tv.

I dont think that will benefit ECW who need to attract new fans other than the hardcore ECW fans.

As for Punk, yeah I hope Heyman calls him up to ECW. I'd like to see Burchill in ECW when he returns from injury and Matt Hardy and Nova would be great to see in ECW as well.

Hows that idiotic logic? Some casual fan turns in and sees someone acting as a mentaly challanged wrestler and is getting beat by the Sandman do you really think that will attract more viewers. This kind of ****e dosent offend me. Mate thwey could make fun of 911 and it wouldnt offend me but it dosent mean I would agree with it. It was a stupid segment that made it look like some drunk beating the ****e out of a mentally challanged man. I'm not the only one that thinks that btw as many other people thought the segment was ****e.

I don't care if people thought the segment was ****e. That's fair enough. However I take issue with your claim that it would prove offensive.

This is ECW. It's not the Dr Phil show. Anyone who got offended by the Eugene segment is, in my eyes, as moronic as the Eugene character.
    Oh and great reply mate, I complain about one segment in the whole show and you tell me to go back to watching Eugene on WWE.:rolleyes:

Well if you got offended by that then ECW isn't for you. In fact, on Raw JR and King discussed what happened to "poor Eugene" with JR saying he didn't like what happened so I would have thought sticking with WWE would be the best option for you.

Some of us however want a more mature product and know full well that Nick Dinsmore is capable of more than just portraying a childish retard.

I know full well what Nick is capabile of myself. And willl you go away with this "WWE is the best option for you" and "Some of us want a more mature product" ****e as if to say thats not what I want. Are you assume people that didnt like that segment are not mature enough for ECWs product? If you do thats a stupid assumption. I dont like what the WWE has to offer so I will watch and see what ECW has to offer. Also read above I dont know if you just skeemed through my above post because you didnt seem to understand that I said its not that it was offensive to me its more got to do with that its not going to attract more viewers. ECW cant afford to turn viewers away and segments like that arnt helping their cause imo. And tbh I dont think anyone would call that segment mature. It didnt achieve anything anyway.

BTW I'm also hopeing that ECW provides something better than WWE, with better storylines and wrestling. Dont assume that I'm not just because I thought one segment they done on the PPV was stupid. I think very little of the WWE product which is the reason why I went about two months without watching it before I tuned back in about three weeks ago. Overall I found the whole ECW storyline on RAW before ONS very entertaining.

I know full well what Nick is capabile of myself. And willl you go away with this "WWE is the best option for you" and "Some of us want a more mature product" ****e as if to say thats not what I want. Are you assume people that didnt like that segment are not mature enough for ECWs product?

Well yes. Your gripe was that it would prove offensive to some tastes. Did you forget that?
    If you do thats a stupid assumption.

It's not. It's the logical conclusion based upon your comments on the matter.
    Also read above I dont know if you just skeemed through my above post because you didnt seem to understand that I said its not that it was offensive to me its more got to do with that its not going to attract more viewers.

Stop your bullsh*t backtracking. Here is what you said:
    The whole segment of a mentally challanged wrestler begging an old drunk to stop beating him is the worst and sickest segment I have seen in wrestling.

Stop twisting things. You thought it was in poor taste and it was nothing to do with turning away viewers.
    It didnt achieve anything anyway.

It did. It highlighted how some people like a more family-friendly product, ie you, and how others like a more mature product, ie me and pretty much everyone else on this forum.

Maybe Smackdown is more up your alley? They have a leprechaun did you know? I'm sure you'd love that. :)

WWE does plenty of stuff to turn away viewers every week. Raw these days seems to have very little wrestling, and some very poor storylines. If viewers don't get turned away by that sort of stuff, Eugene gettin beaten by Sandman won't turn them away

One segment of a 3 hour ppv shouldn't be enough to turn anyone away from it anyway

el rabitos wrote:
    apparantly his neck is in worse condition at this stage than austins, so i dont think he'd last a couple of rounds in ufc against any credible opponent.

i reckon the move to ecw and reverting back to a more shoot style, is to avoid taking more bumps than he would have to week in, week out working wwe style matches.

theres some guys in wwe that are going to be in awful shape in their later years

there's only 3 rounds in non-title fights - UFC hw division is very weak right now too, so he'd beat alot of the guys there with the right training.. Only thing is, he'd probably be small at heavyweight.. 205 would probably be more suitable for him due to his height. 205 is alot more indepth though, so it would be alot of tough fights..

either way, i don't think we'll ever see him compete in mma. more money for him in prowrestling anyways. brock lesnar is very likely going to compete in mma within the next few months however. i think he has the potential to do really well.. he's huge and has a great amatuer wrestling background like angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

I actually enjoyed the Eugene segment.

It wasnt "a drunk beating up a defenceless retarded man". It was a classic ECW wrestler beating up a typical ridiculous WWE gimmick.

And if the segment offended you, then don't watch ECW.

Advertisement