Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE z800 and Vodafone Live

• 12-06-2006 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Are any of you using sony ericsson z800's with vodafone live?

For about the last 2 months, none of the menu's are displayed correctly.
    It appears that the page is too large to be displayed correctly on the phone.
    None of the vodafone images are displayed either.

Initially i had thought it was my account that was having a problem, but i tested a second sim in the phone, and it is exactly the same.
    I've also tested the sim on a different model of phone, and it works correctly.

Then today, i tested with a second z800, and it also has the same problem.

Any one else experiencing this?

Z800 Firmware:
    R1AB014
    R1Y005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

MiCr0 wrote:
    Howdy,
    Are any of you using sony ericsson z800's with vodafone live?

For about the last 2 months, none of the menu's are displayed correctly.
    It appears that the page is too large to be displayed correctly on the phone.
    None of the vodafone images are displayed either.

Initially i had thought it was my account that was having a problem, but i tested a second sim in the phone, and it is exactly the same.
    I've also tested the sim on a different model of phone, and it works correctly.

Then today, i tested with a second z800, and it also has the same problem.

Any one else experiencing this?

Z800 Firmware:
    R1AB014
    R1Y005

Vodafone don't support the Z800, only their own branded version the V800, if you flash your Z800 with V800 firmware you will be able to use Vodafone Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

i have an v800 here but with z800 firmware

i cant get the internet on it at all

do you have the settings there that i can use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

To get the setting goto Sony Ericsson's web site and select support, it will send you a text with the mms, live, isp settings

However a V800 with Z800 firmware identifies itself as a Z800, this is not supported by Vodafone Ireland and therefore their live service will not work unless you flash it back to V800 firmware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

thanks for the help

i just put the sttings in and it works fine

all the page comes up as it did with my old v800(with v800 firmware)

not sure why it works but it does work fine i have been on the net on it for about 5 minutes and have not seen 1 problem!

but thanks for the help lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement