Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Receptions in Westmeath/Meath

• 12-06-2006 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

So I'm getting married. Thinking next march. My Fiancée's family are from Clonmellon in westmeath. The wedding will be there.

As for the reception, obviously we want to check all our options. Athboy is the nearest town (village?) - the Old Darnley is there, but I'm not too keen on it. I guess we could go as far as south cavan or east longford - if the venue was right.

However, we don't really want a huge trip after the wedding.

So all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I can give you a few choices based on both being a DJ in venues around the area (midlands to Dublin in general) to having attended weddings as a guest.

The Hamlet Court Hotel, Johnstownbridge, Enfield:
    Voted the islands Best Wedding Venue for 2005 by both those who had their weddings there, and those in the industry. I have DJ'd there since it opened, and I know the staff. The O'Neil family that looks after the place is top notch, and really look after their guests. The rest speaks for itself as they got the award for it. That is where I am having my wedding in August 2007. Talk to Denise Kelly in there.

The Bloomfield House Hotel, Mullingar:
    About 3 miles outside Mullingar along Lough Ennel on your way to Kilbeggan, its recently renovated function room (their largest - they have 3 I think) is quite nice. In a countryside setting too.

I have done The Darnly in Athboy too. While the function room is adequate, if its a weekend wedding, you will have to contend with the night life which is next door (Buck Mulligans nightclub is part of the Darnly).

Other options are The Bridge House and Tullamore Court Hotels in Tullamore, The Johnstown Marriott in Enfield, or even do a marquee gig!

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    So I'm getting married. Thinking next march. My Fiancée's family are from Clonmellon in westmeath. The wedding will be there.

As for the reception, obviously we want to check all our options. Athboy is the nearest town (village?) - the Old Darnley is there, but I'm not too keen on it. I guess we could go as far as south cavan or east longford - if the venue was right.

However, we don't really want a huge trip after the wedding.

So all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ditto, do we know each other

we went for the headfort in kells, scummy enough looking town, best hotel for miles though

Advertisement