Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Enterntainment for telephone & BB

• 12-06-2006 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at their prices and considering the Lite option for €38/month includes line rental, broadband and free local & national calls at any time.

Anybody any experience of them?

Currently with UTV, but paying €54/month with them for rental & BB with free calls only after 6 and @ weekends. With the wife due to give up work this week, I can see the telphone bill going up with her chatting with all the other stay at home mommies..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think Magnet Lite includes line rental, it's €24 extra according to this page anyway. With the net connection at 4Mb then you'd be unable to use the internet when watching TV as it requires a 4Mb stream.

The only thing I've read about Magnet was not positive. They don't allow you to configure the router, should you need to open ports or change wireless security settings. They force you into using the not so secure WEP rather than the much better WPA and they don't let you use your own router. Their prices are nothing special either from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I have the Magnet Intro package. Its sweet. There are 3 of us using it and there is very little lagging mainly because we have a 1:1 contention ratio and its a 4meg down/512k up.

Didnt get the free calls stuff because we dont need it. Got the wireless router as well included for free. Found them good to deal with. Little bit of hassle initially but that was a little mistake and it was rectified overnight for me.

If you have a normal phone, ask them for the wigdets that allow you to put it in. Normally they supply an IP Phone which means that if you dont have power you cant use the phone at all.

As the poster above stated, line rental is not included at 24 E per month.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Line rental not included....DOH! Surely it was too good to be true...

Will stick to my UTV service then

Advertisement