Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Day 4..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

pp_me129 wrote:
    Great play

Fianl score Austraila 3-1 Japan

:D

Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

GREAT GAME
    really enjoyed that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Match of the tournament so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

GET FúCKING IN!

bring on brazil!

we'll be firing all the way to the cup :)

*note, this may not actually be true, but i hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Baros is out injured. Looks like Czech Republic are going 4-5-1.

USA: Keller, Onyewu, Mastroeni, Pope, Cherundolo, Reyna, Beasley, Convey, Lewis, McBride, Donovan.
    Subs: Albright, Berhalter, Bocanegra, Ching, Conrad, Dempsey, Hahnemann, Howard, Johnson, O'Brien, Olsen, Wolff.

Czech Republic: Cech, Grygera, Rozehnal, Ujfalusi, Jankulovski, Poborsky, Galasek, Rosicky, Plasil, Nedved, Koller.
    Subs: Baros, Blazek, Heinz, Jarolim, Jiranek, Kinsky, Kovac, Lokvenc, Mares, Polak, Sionko, Stajner.

1-0, Koller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Reyna hits the post, the U.S. is starting to get back into the game.

What a cracker from Rosicky!

2-0 to Czechi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

What a cracker from Rosicky!

2-0 to Czechi.

brother just texted..was it really that good..ill see when i get home..

• Advertisement

tred wrote:

Yeah it was a great strike.

tred wrote:
    Yep it was IMO, an unstoppable curling shot from just outside the box that nestled close to the top corner of the net.

The Czech's have been pretty comfortable for most of the match, stopping most of the USA's attacks easily. They deserve to be leading at this point.

EDIT: How exactly did Koller get injured? I saw him tumble in the US box looking for a penalty, or so I thought at the time. Now he's getting replaced. :-/

Looks like a torn hamstring for Koller.

I was slightly incorrect about Rosicky's goal, he was a nice bit further away from Keller's goal when he released the shot.
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Looks like a torn hamstring for Koller.
    Just watching it again, he didn't dive as I initially thought. He just cumpled on to the ground holding his hamstring. His tournament looks to be over. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

and Milan Baros is'nt exactly fit either. Just as well the midfield is so good.

Mike.

Rosicky just smacked the bar with another screamer. Some man for an effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Big blow for the Czechs if Koller misses the rest of the tournament. How close to fitness is Baros?

Edit: 3-0....Arsenal have some player on their hands.

Rosicky again, his value must have doubled at this stage. Excellent run and finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

why are bbc commentators calling rosicky, "rodzinski"? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

2 great goals from Rosicky,looks to be a very good signing for arsenal.

Though Koller is a big loss for the Czechs.

Agreed that it will be a huge blow to Czechi if Koller is out for the rest of the tournament. I want them to do well for Nedved and Karel Brückner. :(

As for the US, they're as good as eliminated already IMO. Ghana could cause them real problems and we'll see how tough it will be against the Italians when they play Ghana later on today.

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote:
    why are bbc commentators calling rosicky, "rodzinski"? :confused:

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51419345&postcount=81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Czechs look the best side to play in WC06 so far. I always like watching them play so I hope they do well this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

De Rossi 20/1 to get man of the match with Paddy Powers. I'll have some of that.

The Czechs are the best team to watch in my view. Lovely crisp accurate footie.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Czech Republic killed off the US very early and didnt allow them to play at all. Could have been more than 3-0, they are looking good alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Pityabout Koller, if he's out for the rest of the tournament they'll miss him badly. He gives them so much - not justgoals but knock-downs for Nedved, Poborsky and Rosicky.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Delighted at the two results so far. Couldn't catch the Aussie game due to work but I wasn't going to miss the Czech game. It looks bad for Koller, they'll need Baros back sharpish.

Rosicky, well... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Just seen the Aussie goals, Cahill got a nice one and Aloisi scored a nice one, Japan couldnt handle the streght and have the dodgiest keeper yet.

What minute will Totti disgrace himself in? i take 8th.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm going for the 75th minute

I'm looking forward to seeing Totti and De Rossi. Can't wait for this match.

• Advertisement

Cool they're playing the Theme tune from Ferrari. :D

57th minute for Totti btw.

It appears Puma have replaced Italy with some random Everton team from the mid 90s :(

Edit: another flapping African keeper. Do they not cross the ball in Africa?

Koller is out for the duration, bad news for Czechs. I fancy Ghana for an upset, is RTE phoning in the commentary?

Mike.

Real end to end stuff here.

This is a fantastic game, Ghana are doing very well, as many would have expected, really looking like a team for the future.

Italy look likely to score every time going forward, it's great.

Yeah thoroughly enjoyable game, Ghana showing that they're not in Germany to make up the numbers. End to end stuff, Toni's effort that hit the bar was superb.
    Edit: 1-0. Great goal from Pirlo!

Wtf was that from Essien? That was a direct elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

PHB wrote:
    Wtf was that from Essien? That was a direct elbow

essien should be banned for 5 years, or handcuffed during matches.

Ghana a great midfield and full backs the other 4 players and there inability to cross or deal with a cross is there undoing.

Essien is just all power and pace him and Appiah having good games but up front they lack a player.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Italy involved in entertaining game shocker!!!

Really enjoying this one. Hope the pace remains, and that Ghana get something from it.

Anyone catch Jimmy McGees freudian slip??? :p

Hmm, were elbows one of those offences that refs were supposed to clamp down on more? Essien should be forced to wear cushion elbow-pads!

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'm looking forward to seeing Totti and De Rossi. Can't wait for this match.

Are they playing? or both in Lampard roles?

kdjac

Delighted with Italy's performance so far. When Zambrotta gets back they'll be impossible to score against. Pirlo's playing very well in the centre. Totti's true balls have been magnificant, the best in the world at them imo. Gilardino and Toni look very lively up front. I'm still confident that they can win it and I cannot believe they are 12/1 behind Germany and England.
    Are they playing? or both in Lampard roles?
    Are you serious? Totti has been cutting Ghana's defence wide open. Jimmy Magee seems to be only mentioning about 6 players so I wouldn't go on his commentary as to whether the players are involved or not. De Rossi seems quiet but I assume he's man marking Essien or Appiah. :)

gimmick wrote:
    Anyone catch Jimmy McGees freudian slip??? :p

watching bbc, what did he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Erra, he referred to Totti and Hotti, before quickly correcting himself.

How can you listen to Motson? Worst commentator ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Motson is awful, he'd be surprised by his own fart. BBC are also quite behind RTE.

I don't mind Motson or Lawrenson tbh. It's like they have a little competition between the two of them to see who is the biggest prat and I find that quite entertaining.

I can't sand McGee or Hamilton tho so I usually choose the alternative for the match and then switch back to RTE for anaysis.

Checked RTE just now and the seem to have Houghton as well. Another reason not to listen to it! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah Motson is grand. Too used to him tbh to dislike him for good or bad. I liked Lawro and Mottie asking would the Italians close up shop with their 1-0 lead. Feel like saying "It's Italy not England".

Apparently Lampard was on BBC at half-time talking about how the squad and their girlfriends/wives have been... eh... spending time together over the past 2 days.

Anyone see this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Apparently Lampard was on BBC at half-time talking about how the squad and their girlfriends/wives have been... eh... spending time together over the past 2 days.

Anyone see this?

Yeah Martin O'Neill was not impressed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement