Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nadal v Federererederer

• 12-06-2006 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Can't spell this name :) So Nadal remains king of clay - but did anyone else think that Feddy made just too many mistakes? Granted mistakes due to trying to push nadal to the limit of the court and avoid long rallies, but it seemed to be a match of unforced errors rather than winning shots. Last years final with Crojean vs Nadal was far better imo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

yeah he made WAY too many mistakes, it was a shame that he did that
    in the breaker after breaking Back at 5-4 down to make it 5-5 and going 6-5 up
    I really thought it would be a 5th set there!!!

Shame it wasn´t , it would have been an all time classic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Damn BBC only showed a one hour highlights so that's all I got to see!! :( They showed the full women's match live, so why not the men's!! Urgh!

But yeah, it looked like poor Rodge did make a few too many mistakes rather than Nadal making winners. Even though I knew the result by the time I saw the highlights I was still screaming at Federer when he did something stupid. Hopefully it will come together for him next year. I think he has the desire to win it (something Sampras never did)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Federer started the match like a man possessed.
    He ran Nadal ragged in the first set and made very few unforced errors.
    Nadal's game relies on consistency and not making many unforced errors.
    As the match went on Federer became more error prone and he let Nadal back into the match.
    When it became apparent that Federe was not going to win the match from the back of the court he still didnt come to the net.
    In the end when he was down, Federer played attacking tennis and he came to the net more .
    Federer won 75% of the net points.
    I think Federer has a slight block when playing Nadal.
    He should have beaten him in 5 sets in Rome earlier this year in what was a fantastic match,without doubt the best of this year.
    He couldnt finish Nadal off when he had the chances.
    On any other surface bar clay Federe would have finished him off.
    Roll on Wimbledon although grass courts are too fast for Nadal and he wont have a hope of winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Woohooo for eurosport showing the whole match live.

In the first set Federer played like a man inspired, he was destroying Nadal but after that it was downhill all the way, he made way too many mistakes, last 3 sets was 1 of the worst performances I seen Federer give in quite a while, he just kept making so many unforced errors. Interesting point the Eurosport commentators made was when Federer is on top then he can take Nadal but if any dip in form then Nadal will win it, suppose the question is can Federer keep up that form on clay against Nadal who seems to be his bogey player?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

cooker3 wrote:
    Woohooo for eurosport showing the whole match live.

Can I come to your house next year? :D

Wonder why Federer's form dropped from second set on. Did he just not have the stamina? (doubtful) or was it more of a mental thing?

Reminds me of how Roddick blew Federer away in the first set of Wimbledon last year but then lost it and Federer came back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement