Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro and WoW - Disconnects

• 12-06-2006 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know there is a specific wow forum, but this is more to find out if anyone else is having the same issue.

WoW drops out anywhere between 5-10 times in a standard 2 hour game. Now I have kept up constant pings to boards during this time to see if it is a communications failure and sure enough, the times that it kicks me out there are one or two dropped pings.
    Normally a dropped ping would result in lag, as would happen with my old ADSL connection, however in this case its an immediate boot.

Does any other wow players with a metro connection experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

im afraid i dont know anything about Metro Broadband, but i have been playing WOW since US Beta.

You are correct, dropped packets should not cause WOW to disconnect, i had IBB once while playing it and was dropping about 50% of my packets, i had a ping for about 10000 in game but i never got disconnected.

A couple of things to check, are you sure your BB connection is not disconnecting and then reconnecting automatically. Most broadband modems will automatically reconnect you if the connection drops.

Do metro supply you with a DHCP address? , if this is the case and your connection drops more than likely when your modem reconnects you are getting a new DHCP address from Metro, this will cause your WOW connection to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Thanks lazygit, its sort of what I thought as well. Metro is doing something more than simply dropping my packets during those ping timeouts, the only answer I can think of.

Advertisement