Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod and Personal Vendetta

Options
  • 12-06-2006 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Ok, just got banned from the soccer forum for the most stupid reason every and it has finally come to the point where I am sick of the mod Thanx 4 the fish. Lets start of the beginning, at the Euro's I posted a thread about the English hooligans over in Portugal and got banned because of this by T4TF who said that the thread topic shouldn't be allowed anywhere. Why? because it was about the English. Anyway I left it and said nothing and took my banning.

Then last year a thread was posted about John O'Shea and all the liverpool fans started on saying he was terrible, so I posted saying he was a good player and Liverpool would be glad to have him, anyway me and MrJoeSoap had a good discussion in regards to this and the Liverpool squad and then in the middle T4TF jumped in and in a sly way, I refereed to argueing with a wall, he called me Thick. When this was pointed out by a number of user it was personal abuse he said he wasnt refering to me but to the wall. Which was a pile of crap and this was pointed out to him.

About a week later on another thread he constantly posted about me and not about the topic. When I challeneged him about this he said it was my problem and I had a chip on my shoulder:confused:

Anyway over the last year if me or my brother post on anything he is not far behind trying to get in any kind of sly dig and then jumps on his high horse if anyone points this put. In case your wondering he knows about my bro lemlin because at home in Cavan there is just one PC and lemlin posted on a thread and didnt realise I was logged into boards, deleted the post and resubmitted as lemlin and since then we have been accused by T4TF as been the same poster and spread this rumour around the soccer forum whenever he gets a chance

Now apart from the sly digs when my brother won the Fantasy Soccer game which was a prize of a voucher he pissed around for weeks trying again to make out we where the same user and wouldn't send the voucher. Not even sure if brother has got yet because I haven't been talking to him in ages. This is a joke!!!!!!!! Also it has been pointed out at numerous occasions that we are not the same user, also my bro's new website is sponsering the new World Cup fantasy league but this makes no difference.

Just to put in contex the different way a Liverpool fan on boards and a non-Liverpool fans is treated, there was a thread on something to do with Liverpool. My brother was posting on it and I wasnt, next thing I check the thread and there is a post that insulted both myself, my brother and my family by a Liverpool fan. This was pointed out not only by myself and my brother but other users to the mods and nothing was done. Its ok to insult people if your a liverpool fan

Then this morning I asked a question to a person about a quote he had posted on the forum, everyone always asks for a source, it was just a post saying Didi had gone to bolton. Now this user does this every so often and has been pointed out everytime to include a source but never does, so I asked for a source and get a weeks ban. WHen I pm'ed T4TF he said it was personal abuse. I pointed out he had asked the same question a few posts earlier and get back that it was another post I was been banned for???:confused:

So then on another thread, not in Soccer forum, I am informed by a mod it was neither of these I was banned for???:confused: so what the bloody hell was I banned for? was it disagreeing with a mod? didnt know that was a banning offence. Its time someone sorted this Liverpool crap in the soccer forum before it has to be renamed the T4TF Liverpool forum. Do not disagree with T4TF
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Boards Paranormal Forum Clairvoyancy Award for the Month of June goes to the mod that predicted Big Nelly would be posting on feedback whinging about his ban.

To be honest Nelly, I think you were protected to a large degree in soccer, you should have been banned ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,683 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

don't feal alone , i got banned from rugby , for criticing a professional rugby player , basically said he lacked it at the big stage , someone disagreed , i defended myself -- and bang i am banned -- i thought boards was trying to encourage dicussion and attract more users, instead we are being policed by some (not all) Mods whose power seems to have gone to there heads , something similar to bad referees -- maybe there is a link there .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Big Nelly wrote:
    so what the bloody hell was I banned for? was it disagreeing with a mod? didnt know that was a banning offence.
    Whatever you spoke about with TFTF via pm is probably what you got banned for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I dunno, one of the few people perm-banned from the soccer form is a liverpool fan, i've been given bans before and I'm a liverpool fan.

I think T4TF's only real gripe is with muppets. Sadly BiN you fall squarely into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You called one guy mindless and questioned the rights of another user to post on the forum.

Despite Hobart being banned already this week for calling somebodys post stupid, you still think that it is something against you, who has just done the same thing, twice. Any chance you can stick up a link of this other post where somebody said you got banned for something completely different ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

First reply:
    Another mindless quote with no indication on source or anything. You just read the press and then come on here and quote it? this move has been in the press for weeks!

Abusive as far as me and the people who reported it are concerned.

Second reply:
    You also abused a new member suggesting that he should not even be here.

As for somebody attacking Bannor, if it is not reported, there is a fair chance that I have not read it, there are an awful lot of posts believe it or not and if people do not do their job as members of the forum, they cannot go complaining when the mod misses something.

Third Reply
    Pretty similar to you being pissed with me then when I methodically tore apart one of your posts (actually it happens to you quite alot remember the Czech Republic were favourites one ), you have been pissed off since.

Now you can take your ban or not, you are in breach of the charter and that is all there is to it.

As for being not far behind you and your brother (you forgot your cousin too BTW), I have Lemlin on ignore so I do not even see his posts so that is another of your well constructed conspiracy theories blown out of the water, please understand that you mean less than nothing to me, you are just a minor annoyance that I have to deal with and have done.

If you pay attention to the forum, something you accuse me of not doing, you will see that there has already been a ban made this last week for calling a post idiotic.

And FYI, the reason that you are banned and I am not is that I was not aggressive or abusive in the question I posed to the user, I did not infer that he was mindless and I did not infer that another user did not deserve to be a part of the forum.

Everytime the story changes.

To be honest Nelly, I think you were protected to a large degree in soccer, you should have been banned ages ago.

Why is this? because I disagreed with a mod? quote once where I should have been banned and when I get back into soccer I will find the quote from the Liverpool fan and you will see if he should have been banned. Its ok from now on in soccer forum to insult a user family but its not ok to reply to a persons post telling them its stupid. New charter rule according to T4TF.
    don't feal alone , i got banned from rugby , for criticing a professional rugby player , basically said he lacked it at the big stage , someone disagreed , i defended myself -- and bang i am banned -- i thought boards was trying to encourage dicussion and attract more users, instead we are being policed by some (not all) Mods whose power seems to have gone to there heads , something similar to bad referees -- maybe there is a link there .

You probably disagreed with a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

You called one guy mindless and questioned the rights of another user to post on the forum.

Despite Hobart being banned already this week for calling somebodys post stupid, you still think that it is something against you, who has just done the same thing, twice. Any chance you can stick up a link of this other post where somebody said you got banned for something completely different ?

It was me. On this page => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054940976&page=7 . In the Thunderdome. I'm still sniggering away tbh.

i pm'd the mod who banned me and was told i was banned for "immature jibe" -- banned on a discussion board for immature jibe ? what is the point of having a discussion board on rugby/ football if you can not discuss players merits , sure at times it may get heated , but if there is no personal abuse, which in my case there was not, it seems daft .... does boards not want to encourage more users ? or are they happy with the number theres is, and want to discourage new users like myself .. totally puzzled !

I am sure that boards.ie appreciates as large a user base as it can get. When you were a new user, how would you have reacted to somebody questioning your right to post as part of a dig at both the user and the mod who allowed access to that user ?

The user who i supposedly jibed was a 3 star user , hardly new , since i am only 2 star .
    My post , made a reference to Dublin 4, and one particular user took offence , and blasted me , i took it on the chin, with mild response , and we both got banned ... explanation from mod doesn't cut it with me . immature jibe ... its like a strict primary teacher , sending you to the principal for talking in the class ... will cloud suspend me or give me detention or even expel me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

'English' soccer bores me to tears. I've never understood the assumed ferverent loyalty international fans display, as though they're some sort of faux ex-pats from Devon-Upon-Hampshire-Zest A.F.C.
    It's been a money racket since Murcdoch started the Premiership.

[strike]Close the forum.[/strike]
    Merge with Thunderdome.

Curling ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I won't comment about you as a poster Big Nelly but I will say that this paticular ban seems to be more personal than anything else because these reasons:
    You called one guy mindless and questioned the rights of another user to post on the forum

seem to be really scraping the bottom of the barrell.

The mods just want a nice friendly forum with no arguments whatsoever. Impossible for a soccer forum but they try nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

thebaz wrote:
    The user who i supposedly jibed was a 3 star user , hardly new , since i am only 2 star .
    My post , made a reference to Dublin 4, and one particular user took offence , and blasted me , i took it on the chin, with mild response , and we both got banned ... explanation from mod doesn't cut it with me . immature jibe ... its like a strict primary teacher , sending you to the principal for talking in the class ... will cloud suspend me or give me detention or even expel me ?
    Your ban was completely justified. Suck it up and quit whinging about it.

Amz wrote:
    Your ban was completely justified. Suck it up and quit whinging about it.
    please justify it to me here or pm me , because i am puzzled of my offence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

thebaz wrote:
    please justify it to me here or pm me , because i am puzzled of my offence ?
    Any good reason why you are actively using two accounts? I will ban one of them from the site. Make a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When is this going to stop? This is the FEEDBACK FORUM! If you have a complaint, take it to the mod dealing with your ban or the Helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mysterious_2006

Tbh this is a load of complete BS, whingeing about bans and crap alike.

Suck it up FFS and get on with it, this place is run like a communist regime.

Although on the other hand the posters and mods alike are made up of a bunch whining , pretentious ****'s.

Tbh this is a load of complete BS, whingeing about bans and crap alike.

Suck it up FFS and get on with it, this place is run like a communist regime.

Although on the other hand the posters and mods alike are made up of a bunch whining , pretentious ****'s.

12 posts and you come on here calling people names? grow up and get to primary school. Your not finished yet!!

Take ure sad ban and quit ure whining, and I am older than you btw.

Take ure sad ban and quit ure whining, and I am older than you btw.

How the hell do you know that?

Through ure bloody profile genius, Date of Birth:February 27, 1979.

I am born the 25 March 1972.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Big Nelly wrote:
    How the hell do you know that?

Your user profile

But mystery man age in your case does not equal maturity.

To be honest it sounds as if Big Nelly does have a case for abuse, if not him his brother definitely does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Through ure bloody profile genius, Date of Birth:February 27, 1979.

I am born the 25 March 1972.
    those sums stand up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

"The name is Nelly. Big Nelly."

I read your post but it read too much like "I said, he said, she said, then I said, OMG TEHN HE INVAD0RED POLAND" so it's a bit hard to digest. Two bans in the last two years doesn't really seem to be overwhelming evidence of a personal vendetta clouding a mod's judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement