Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PHPBB Russian Posgres 8

• 12-06-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am using apache 2.0.5x, the latest version of postgres and the lastest version of php on suse10. PHP is built with mbstring and postgres support.

The forum works fine with english character usernames, however once I include the lang_russian folder and set the forum to Russian I encounter a problem trying to register Russian usernames.

ERROR =======================================================

Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (4, 'Группы', 1150106156, '13a367r4agt342ew32464ca4re1b645sdagr34', 'email@address.com', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'russian', 7, 0, 1, 1, '')

Line : 639
    File : usercp_register.php

============================================================

I can manually insert this information into the database from command line without a problem. Once I have done this it tries to log in but comes up with another error which I will try to find.

ERROR =======================================================

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : -1 ERROR: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected near byte 0xc2

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'Вход'

Line : 65
    File : login.php

=============================================================

Now obviously some people must have this system working, I cant figure out whats going on, I know there are a few ways around it, however it should work straight off right? This problem can also be repoduced on a slightly different platform suse 9.1 and older php and phpbb.

I have posted this same query on support forums, no reply yet..... :(

Any help with this is appreciated........

Advertisement