Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting potential advertisers

Options
  • 12-06-2006 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi folks

Quick question. Is it illegal to contact via email or other media potential advertisers for my new website even if they do advertise on similar sites? If it is what are the chances of being fined and thrown in prison??

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It is considered SPAM unfortunately as they have "not agreed" to the email. Look at some alternative approaches. You could try calling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 John101

yeah i know it is technically spam but its not like i will be sending millions of inlarge your penis email. will it reflect really bad on me if i do this and what are the possible consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

is_that_so wrote:
    It is considered SPAM unfortunately as they have "not agreed" to the email. Look at some alternative approaches. You could try calling them.

How is cold calling them different from cold emailing them?

Advertisement