Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Solstice at Tara, return bus from Dublin...

Options
  • 12-06-2006 11:58am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Last year the hill was alive and thriving at the summer solstice. The main event is at 8pm on the hill, and it's an open ceremony to anyone who wants to dance sing and be happy.

I know that last year certain people wanted to go up, but hadn't got the wheels to make it. So this year I've taken it upon myself to try and organize a bus.

The bus would leave Dublin City Centre at 6.30ish, to get to the Hill ideally for 8ish, just before the big ceremony starts. The bus would do a return journey to Dublin at 12ish. There are two nitelink running times that night at 12.30, and 2.30 to get people home from the city.

I've rang several places, the cheapest quote I got was 12 euro each return, or 14 euro each. Now that's return, right to the city centre, and seems to be good value, cuz other places are saying 20 quid!

I'm looking to fill a bus of at least 14, so please pass this message on to anyone you know who might like to attend. Please reply if you might want a seat on the bus too.

Children are more than welcome, as are any instruments you'd like to bring. Expect to see MANY drummers, last year was amazing, it's only gonna get better.

Jess :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Its a pitty its mid-week,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Ah, well this bus is organized with those who work 9-5 in mind. Leaving from Dublin with just enough time to grab some food for the bus, and getting you back in time to have a late night but enough sleep for the next morning.

Though, if you just meant you'd like to be there for sun rise/set as well, and that's just not possible, I getcha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lunar_

hey,im not sure what im doing on this,i think i sent you a private message, but for good measure,heres another message!
    would love to go..where do i get the bus(crossing fingers theres spaces..). also,what two buses are doing nightlinks,cause il have no way to get home if they dont go to killiney/ dun loaghaire..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'm just about to text you, but dunno which you'll see first.

All the seats are gone sadly! There is a bus that goes out to meath that drives by the road to Tara, if you got that you could walk the rest of the way, that's how most people manage it.

As for getting home, bumming a lift is what it seems most people do.

Or stay all night on the hill, for sunrise like, and get a bus back from meath the next morning!

Hope you have a Happy Solstice!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

I'd just like to, once again, thank Jesjes for arranging the bus.
    Last night/this morning was/were fantastic.
    The dancing, drums, people, music, poi, rap, crack and ritual were amazing.

Advertisement