Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths paper 2 (o)

Options
  • 12-06-2006 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I though it was prrtty ok, nothing poped out that I did not know :D

How did you all find it?

Have to go back in for a good whallop of Geography next :-( haha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

I thought it was dead handy!:) Far easier than paper 1! Some people my school though actually were crying cause they thought it was that hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zeuz

tweetypie wrote:
    I thought it was dead handy!:) Far easier than paper 1!

Totaly agreed, I skrewd up paper one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

yeah i thought it was very approachable. however i thought the linear programming question was badly worded. eg. a taxi was mentioned for no reason in the question. it was a nice question just badly phrased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

tweetypie wrote:
    I thought it was dead handy!:) Far easier than paper 1! Some people my school though actually were crying cause they thought it was that hard!
    i'm the same! thought it was much easier than paper one and was shocked when some people were saying it was hard

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Well I'm sh.ite at maths so I found it hard..but sure :rolleyes:

It wasn't impossible though.....what was with all the feckin graphs???

• Advertisement

yeah i thought that was crazy. i was asking for graph paper every few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

i thought it was grand aswell :)
    I hope to god it makes up for paper one and gets me 40% :rolleyes:

There was alot of graph paper involved !

what did you all think of the probability , the one with a girl called niamh makes a password ...... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Oh god I thought it was horrible, I didnt get it finished, like I didnt even get to attempt some parts i wouldnt have gotten them right but i would have gotten a few marks. it was really long i thought, all those graphs took up loadsa time!

the statistics question was grand and area and volume, those were the only questions i know i did ok on.

had 5 minutes to do linear programming. oh it was disastrous. i definetly failed and i amn't just saying that, i actually did, i was only looking for a pass and i know i havent got that now. im gonna go and go to sleep and feel even more sorry for myself now :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sawa wrote:
    Oh god I thought it was horrible, I didnt get it finished, like I didnt even get to attempt some parts i wouldnt have gotten them right but i would have gotten a few marks. it was really long i thought, all those graphs took up loadsa time!

the statistics question was grand and area and volume, those were the only questions i know i did ok on.

had 5 minutes to do linear programming. oh it was disastrous. i definetly failed and i amn't just saying that, i actually did, i was only looking for a pass and i know i havent got that now. im gonna go and go to sleep and feel even more sorry for myself now :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    ]
    im sure you didnt do as bad as you think. just forget about it and move onto your next subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

It was okish, but I got my theorem right, feckin sweet!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

yeah probablility was iffy enough now! didnt like that but i thought it was far far better in comparison to paper 1!! so hopefully i passed!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

did any 1 do vectors .....that was such an easy question...... everyone was happy with their section B in my school

apparantly the linear was easy pisey..

did any 1 do vectors .....that was such an easy question...... everyone was happy with their section B in my school

apparantly the linear was easy pisey..
    vectors! class!!!!!!! except part c eck think i did it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

i did vectors too! WHAT was c about tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I taught it was hard enuf. Id say I dot full marks in statistics & area and volume but I messed on the circle question big time say I only got 25 marks in that question. Vectors :mad: they would have to put that dame (a in terms of ad) as a part (C) question. As for the others questions id say I got most marks in them.
    Still hope I got a B in both papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I can usually fly away at Linear Prog. but it actually confused me a bit! Loads of people in my class were really disapointed in it!

I was getting fairly annoyed with all the graphs aswell haha, even though I like drawin graphs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

just wondering what is part c on verctors worth out of 50 marks????? if i did mess up i would say it would be on that part.... i think its worth 20 marks but im prob wrong please corect me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

willowmegs wrote:
    i did vectors too! WHAT was c about tho!!

The paper was far easier than paper1 :) But the vectors question (my favorite one) was fu(king disgusting. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

whats the big deal with linear programming!? i thought it was just a rpetty standard question

yeah it was a grand paper, i bolloxed up my histogram, and that whole question a bit. but nothing major.

trigonometry question was great, my faovurite question definitely.

i preferred paper 1, just cos i thought it was a piss take it was so easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Rockerette wrote:
    whats the big deal with linear programming!? i thought it was just a rpetty standard question

yeah it was a grand paper, i bolloxed up my histogram, and that whole question a bit. but nothing major.

trigonometry question was great, my faovurite question definitely.

i preferred paper 1, just cos i thought it was a piss take it was so easy
    it was a bit confusing throwing in words like "taxi" in a question all about buses! we're ordinary level for crying out loud :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

better than paper 1 thank god! had some difficulty with q. 3 though. agree about the taxi thing in the linear programming question, pretty random.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

i'm by far the worst in my class at maths, and even I found it OK!!! I actually found crappy things like Simpson's Rule hard and got the Circle perfect!! I couldn't believe it! Defo passed, that's all that matters but I'd love a c3!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

Ya, SOOO much preferred this to paper one.. Im just so happy it's over. I will hopefully never again have to look at a stupid theorem again (unless I repeat of course...) but YAY!

not jokin i have offically burnt my maths book and had so much satisfaction in the process!
    roll on tomorrow so i have biology then off for a week!
    headin out tomorrow night! 15 euro into pub and all the drink u can drink for free!
    hehehe so there!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

It was a nice paper, fupped up the trigometry and forgot about linear equations until the last few minutes, then I was sitting there thinking "Wait why is this bloody taxi here. And how many different buses can they use... " then suddenly "OH **** thats how I do trigometry" sprinting backwards, I started rapidly scribbling in trigometry. it was still kinda iffy.. o____o then I had the idiotic idea of going through correcting it, and figured my triangle formula was wrong. >_<

Over all I sincerely hope I passed, I tried to do it in Irish, up to the point where I realised that I wasnt sure about the irish trigometry wording. Diffinately should've done statistics instead of Trigometry. >_>; I also forgot to mark down my Caculator model.

Advertisement