Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher maths paper 2= pain the ass

Options
  • 12-06-2006 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Well how did you get on. I was hopeful of an a1 but thought this paper was ****. I did a great paper one close to or maybe full marks but with paper 2 I'm struggling for an a2. COuldn get vectors part c, circle part c, Q3 part B and Q4 part c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

NADA wrote:
    circle part c and Q4 part c.

I got circle part (c)(i) and all of Q4 part (c). :D

I'm hoping to pass the paper, that's part of my wish for the LC, to pass maths and physics.

[edit] Question 5 was a bit of a puzzler. Part (a) had some weird parts, but part (b) was a cinch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭c m

i thought q4 and q7 were really hard. on q4 part c with the arc in the circle how did ya do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 piggy

Not at all happy with the trig questions. What the hell was 5a about?? Shoot needed to do well in this as i made such a balls of P1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I thought it was easier than paper 1. But q5, WTF? First of all it had only 2 parts! That's wrong! And the bit with the asymtotes was just weird! I think my pyramid question is wrong too! The rest of the paper wasn't too bad though.
    Did anyone else think that the easier parts were ridiculously easy - I mean part 1 of q8, the line and the a and b of the vectors question were beyond easy - but then the hard parts were just weird? There was also too much explaining for my liking in both papers. Since when do we have theory-type questions in Maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Vectors was beyond easy? Damn I decided not to go over vectors. Ah well.
    c m wrote:
    on q4 part c with the arc in the circle how did ya do that

I can't remember offhand, but I got r=k/root3 or r=k/3 or something, but part (ii) worked out perfect, 1/3blah was double 1/6blah, so it must have been right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

OctavarIan wrote:
    I can't remember offhand, but I got r=k/root3 or r=k/3 or something, but part (ii) worked out perfect, 1/3blah was double 1/6blah, so it must have been right.

Yeah I got that aswell:D but the paper in general was hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Im over it!it went better then paper one- I dont really know couldnt do loads of the c parts!!uhhh im not counting now anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

OctavarIan wrote:
    Vectors was beyond easy? Damn I decided not to go over vectors. Ah well.

yesssssssss i got pretty much the same

Advertisement