Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

460 points, the easy way.

Options
  • 12-06-2006 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Just to let you folk know, I was doing a 1 year FETAC course and apparantly, if you get 9 distinctions, which is not hard if you apply yourself properly, that this is equal to about 460 points in the LC. I'm quite certain colleges have to set aside a certain amount of places for people getting in this way too. Best go to www.fetac.ie and give them a ring or something. Anyway, it's a lot more enjoyable than studying for the LC in my oppinion and you also get a qualification of some sort after it. I personally don't have any interest in points, I did it for the love of the course I was doing and really enjoyed it. Could be a better option than repeating for many people or even if anyone has dropped out and wants to go to college:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zeuz

Thanks man sounds good is an Idea aswell, thats if I fail badly, for interest sake, what course are/did you do ???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Furniture Design, great course if you're into that kinda stuff. Here is a picture of the work I did, the modules include Furniture Design (the table), Woodturning (lamp with white shade), Stained glass (two pictures hanging up and red lampshade), woodcarving (hand, clock, poker.ie logo, house number and lamp darker lamp base) then there are some less fun, but still easy modules like communications, cad, drawing, design, furniture appreciation and work experience.

It's only a year course too:)

Somebody better ring up and see what the story is with it, I didn't pay much attention to it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidorgan

That furniyure looked real good...well dine;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

good man cormie, whats the craic?

thanks:) I tell you, I had a lot more fun doing all that then any school work I ever did, besides art and woodwork anyway;) Good luck to anyone who chooses that route. Somebody should ring them up and see what the situation is though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, hopefully I'm off to art college.. so like if I get that.. sweet deal.. got the place in NCAD, just get this Lc done and dusted..

Nice one! My bro was in NCAD too, did you do a portfolio course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Wouldn't mind falling back on something like this if I had to.. I tried searching the site, but couldn't find a list of courses etc.. Only the furniture design one.. Where abouts do I look for their course list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I really need an alternative to repeating, I'm sure I've failed maths and I've heard you can do certain Level 5 courses and repeat maths aswell, then use your level 5 for college entry; confirm/deny?

cormie wrote:
    Nice one! My bro was in NCAD too, did you do a portfolio course?
    Last summer I did one for 2 weeks, but to be honest.. I've improved 10 fold since then.. I've counted it.. what did ur bro major in?

• Advertisement

He did Sculpture after 1st year.

Linku, you should ring them up and see, as I said, it wasn't of a concern to me but I'm just passing on what could be a great alternative to some of you:)

Advertisement