Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review Maths P2 Higher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 annettemc

but a pyramid peaks at the point above the centre of the base if ya can follow me the slant was longer than the P.H (i think) anyways if the real height is 184.7 i am happy with my answer.
    ya but isnt 184.7 the height of the middle of one of the triangular faces? the slant height at the edge would be slightly longer ya?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Its over guys....stop dweling and getting yourselves down LET IT GO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 annettemc

slanted edge and side are they not worked the same way?? how would you do the question??
    i got that!ooohhh hope its right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

I do it through irish so excuse my ****ty triangle terms.
    You have to get the line that goes from one corner of the base to the other. Using pythagorus half of that lenth with the height will give you the length of the edge.

yes thats what i did just lookied at paper again the pic has labelled the edge wanted too, still mite be wrong i was pushed for time and didnt have enough to do 2nd part would you use 1/2 base X p.h then multiply it by 4???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Could someone scan Q5 please? I'd like to see it(I'm just out of 5th year).

• Advertisement

can you not wait three fekin months!uhh the questions are one www.examinations.ie ull find the new maths paper there!enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

The answers are up!! http://www.leavingcert.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Woah I did shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ziggy_bone

I done ****ing ****e!!! No way I am getting a C3 in that now!!

Woah I did shocking.

me to wish i didnt see that i feel sick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I took a look and i shouldn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DiscoMouse

Wow, I might've gotten 10/50 on P2 Q8. I knew I should've learnt a different option...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Chill out guys. Same as last year, 10% will get As, so many will get Bs, and so on. Everybody did the same exam, and almost everybody thought it was a stinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DiscoMouse

10%? Well thank God, I have a chance of making that bracket, at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

It's entirely possible that my exam was fairly good, relatively speaking. But they would certainly find it difficult to find 340 marks or however many it takes to get an A in it.

This probably sounds stupid, but if the results were bad enough accross the country would there be a curve??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'm not lookin at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Like what they were saying in the Times a few weeks back? On another note, what's with all these articles saying the Leaving is too easy? I read one a few weeks back in the Sunday Times where a columnist was talking about her family's Leaving results, and she claimed that her brother got 450 in 1989, and that was one of the top results in Ireland that year. Shurely shome mishtake?

nedward wrote:
    450 in 1989
    Was there even a points system back then? When my bro did his, you got a certain no. of honours or whatever. Afaik if you got an A, B or C it made no difference, maybe i'm wrong??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Does anybody else think all the constant uproar in the press is becoming quite concerted. It seems obvious that people are just trying to get the paper marked easier instead of fairly, not that i'm complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Nerd007

i just looked at the results and i did awful!!! hoping for a good few attempt marks! i might pass it then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's becoming quite annoying if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Raphael wrote:
    It's becoming quite annoying if you ask me.

ssh you! Just because you did well....I really want people to make a fuss!
    Ok sorry I'm just bitter! :D

I just looked at the answers to paper 1 and I really ****ed up...I mean seriously. How can I have gone from getting 95% in the mocks to doing ridiculously ****e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not because I did well, because it;s annoying to read in the papers "SHOCK, HORROR, MATHS EXAM MAKES STUDENTS USE BRAINS" every day

ok, maybe a little because i did well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

For 5(a) ( i) on paper 2,I took the values away from pie to get the - numbers,thats hardly incorrect is it?Because I do get the - answers as the results.
    ( I saw someone elses graph at the end loking completly different from mine ;) and quickly redrew the box with with - numbers to save myself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

big_moe wrote:
    i think 186m is right, for the slanted edge of the pyramid. even compare it to the height they tell u of 146m! 273m or whatever looks waaay off!! how many marks u reckon will be goin for the whole b part considering no c part...
    I got 273. I also go the tan graph. Remembered what it was supposed to look like from 5th year. What's all this about that not being on the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shark-69

Yeah its definitely in the maths book we used .....we just never did thats section....there's also a sine inverse graph.....i'd seen the tan inverse graph before the exam so i got the graph and the table fully completed:p ....didn get the other parts in part a though:confused: ......
    Damn those answers.:mad: ...i hate when you've spent ages on a question using the right method only to get the wrong answer by making a blunder.....i must have done that alot ... **** it its done and dusted anyway....not much point really goin on bout it......
    If they do give 10% A's then thats alright but just to be certain i think we should continue to express our outrage and dissatisfaction ... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Shark-69 wrote:
    If they do give 10% A's then thats alright but just to be certain i think we should continue to express our outrage and dissatisfaction ... :D:D

I agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

What was the big deal about Q5? I'm only looking at it now(not doing LC this year), and it seems like the frist 2 parts are a Juinior Cert graph function, third part is just drawing asymtopes and last part requires a small bit of thinking, although it still does admittidly confuse me a bit(I got -90<k<90).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

JC 2K3 wrote:
    What was the big deal about Q5? I'm only looking at it now(not doing LC this year), and it seems like the frist 2 parts are a Juinior Cert graph function, third part is just drawing asymtopes and last part requires a small bit of thinking, although it still does admittidly confuse me a bit(I got -90<k<90).
    Quiet, you'll lose us our easy marking.

So yeah maths paper 2 was way too difficult . . .

Advertisement