Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG! 3 theorms!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

180 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Heh, I didn't know how to do the in-circle thing at all so I just spent a few minutes trying to find the right spot so that'd it'd work and put in sneakeh construction lines afterwards :P

Haha, I did that in the mocks and got full marks. :D
    But I had a few construction lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I only got one of the theorems right though, i might have gotten the triangle one right as well but i'm not sure. I was looking at Phytagoras theorem last night but just went "Ah bollocks, i'll do it tomorrow".

Typical me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yes!!! I got the flow thing right, I rounded it to 3 minutes...
    Thank God, i got something right. I bulled my way through Pythagforas, remembered half of it, then solved my own to show how its done...hehe..
    That steamthingy was impossible, i was in massive thousands of numbers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

That steamthingy was impossible, i was in massive thousands of numbers!!

Same thing was happening me until I changed my measurements into metres.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

Same thing was happening me until I changed my measurements into metres.;)
    The exact same thing happened to me too!:eek: I wonder why that happens though?:confused: It should work in both cm and m I would have thought???

Ah, but 100cm^2 doesn't equal 1m^2
    10,000cm^2 = 1m^2

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

Ya that makes sence but that wasn't in the question I don't think? Anyway I'm sure what you just said must be the reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

For the roller thing I got 138%. Yes 138%

Then for rate of flow I got 720 seconds.

Yeah no good grade for Pistey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Didn't even do the rate of flow question and got 28% (i think) for the roller yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

i got 360 seconds and 3.something percent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

I got 3. something percent aswell.It was like 3.82% but I hadnt a clue how to do it...

3.75% and 360 seconds. But after the exam I realised that it asked for half the volume, whilst I did all the volume. so the right answer according to everyone else in my class is 180 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

BMH wrote:
    3.75% and 360 seconds.

Thats what I done, ah sure we'll get 1/2 marks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

By the way 40% of our paper was geometry, according to the radio. ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate geometry:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

*sigh* I didn;t get the theorem of pyth. but I got the other two okay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

disney wrote:

Thats what I done, ah sure we'll get 1/2 marks anyway!

7/10 for 360, I'd imagine. 3 pts lost for 1 incorrect step, not dividing by 2.

Judging by the marking schemes at examinations.ie, it would be a "Blunder" which only costs one mark. They really throw marks at you to make up for no choices in the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Easy marks if you knew them. I fecked up pythagoras's one, could only do half of it. And I constructed a triangle for the first time EVER in the exam, made up half the answers, drew scale models to work out problems (like that damn river question, I mean wtf?).....basically, I think I failed. But I'm not sad about it because I was thinking about it, and I don't think I'm getting below a C altogether because of my paper one!! Yayage!! :D Then I spent the break ripping up maths papers because

I SHALL NEV0R HAVE TO DO HONOURS MATHS EVER AGAIN!!!!!

your attitude to maths is very similar to mine. I managed to scrape a C in the mock and then got a D in the JC and then I noticed that LC Ordinary is still hard.... I've picked pass for next year (going into 5th year) as I wouldn't even be close to being able to do Honours

Advertisement