Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stressing Japanese Maple

Options
  • 12-06-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I have a lovely red Japanese Maple in a pot which came out of dormancy really well in April. I had kept her in a cool, shady shed for the winter, and she was full of buds all winter. The leaves burst out after she woke up, and she was doing great.

The pot was too small though, so I repotted her to a larger pot with lots of compost. Soon after she lost all of her leaves, and she hasn't done anything since. I'm sure this is due to repotting stress, but since there aren't any buds on her at all I'm nervous that she may not recover.

Her limbs are still flexible and slightly green, but she seems to be getting worse rather than better. I hesitate to give her any stimulants/fertilizers.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement