Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys for Seat Leon 1.4 Will VW Golf A3 Fit

Options
  • 12-06-2006 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a lovely Seat Leon need new wheels though got offered A3 17" alloys would these fit they are pictured below

[/IMG]21_1_b.JPG

How hard would they be to fit if I brought them to a quick fit orsuch would they be expensive to get fitted etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

They should go straight on, and easy enough to put on yourself if you know how to use a jack and a tyre iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Will I have to make any adjustments to the car going from bog standard wheels to 17" wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Psygnosis wrote:
    Will I have to make any adjustments to the car going from bog standard wheels to 17" wheels.

You will need to get the wheels balanced after they are fitted.

Your speedo may be off slightly too due to the larger wheels but this should be marginal by my guess.

The car might sit a bit tall on 17" wheels, have a look at it when they are fitted, lower springs all round will allow the car to sit lower on the wheels and gives better handling as well as looking nicer. However new springs will set you back a couple of hundred euro.

Ando has/had a Leon with nice 17" or 18" alloys fitted so he may be able to shed some light.

Who is this Ando guy and how to I contact him.
    also can normal springs be lowered dont like the idea of spending money on alloys and then more on springs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Psygnosis wrote:
    Who is this Ando guy and how to I contact him.
    also can normal springs be lowered dont like the idea of spending money on alloys and then more on springs.

Ando is a moderator on one of these forums, send him a Private Message.

I don't think you can lower existing springs. As I said have a look at the car with the 17" wheels on first, it may not need to be lowered.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys sent ANDO a message.

The measurements of the wheels and tyres are 225x45xZR17 I have no idea what this means will they still fit?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You also need to inform your insurer if you fit these.

Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

225 mm wide, 45% as thick (profile) as they are wide and fit onto 17 incj wheels

Guys do you think theyd look ok so with out any lowering me a newbie to all this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

chances are you're taking 15" wheels off. It'd need lowering, otherwise it'll look funny

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

it might look a little funny. i'm a big believer in lowering but i think you might be ok with a leon. you wouldn't regret lowering it if it's not an extreme drop. you can always do it it the future if you wanted. the leon is not really lofty like the almera for example.
    they're really nice wheels btw. you will find with vag cars that the only acceptable wheels are the oem models. with jap cars, you can shoehorn branded alloys all day long. i had an A4 with 18" oz wheels and always wondered why people in the scene were fairly underwhelmed by them.

just been told the following on the seat site

"No, they wont fit. You need 5 x 100, they are 5 x 112 PCD, offset will be OK but they wont fit over the bolt holes right.

No go im affraid"

dont know whether you can get to the link, do you think he is correct.
    http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

If it's 5x100 pcd then these will fit http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=1109&cat=2 :D
    Think the Leon Cupra is 5x100 but not sure if the ordinary Leon is.... Might be a good idea to find out for sure what fitment wheels you need - http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/CatalogData/Wheels_62.htm gives the info needed to measure them yourself.
    Good luck!

Just got the folloing info can anyone confirm for definete.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]hey Mick, I bought them from a guy who had just bought a brand new A3 in 2204. they were an optional extra on a 1.6FSi. He then took them off after delivery and put a set of 19 inch wheels on - nice!!

I have sent the following as well to him to see if he can do this.
    [/FONT]"http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/htmlpages/TechWheel"

Advertisement