Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Heat Sync for AMD 939 Board

Options
  • 12-06-2006 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Alright guys its been a while since it was asked but I've decided not to get watercooling for my second rig but a good heatsync! low noise and easy to instal! (I HATE TAKING THE MOBO out!!)......... Chip is 4000+ San Diego AMD.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

arctic freezer 64 pro is very efficient (equal to a cheap watercooling setup) and quite quiet but it "can" be difficult to install in the case. - I managed it on a k8n neo2 platinum but it was tricky.

The previous model, the non-pro version, is the easiest cooler i've ever installed and cools pretty well also (load temps of 45 on an opty 146 @2.9), if you can find it that is....

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The freezer 64 pro gets my vote too ;)

If you lay the case down flat its very easy to install, it may be more difficult with smaller cases or motherboards that have the socket very close to the edge........

My freezer kept my 3700 @ 3ghz at 40 degrees under full load until I reseated it with AS5:mad:

Now its 45 degrees.........

Morel of the story, Put the HSF on properly the first time :D

P.s If you point it so that it exhausts towards a exhaust case fan, it shaves a degree or 2 off the temps.......

the exact same thing happened with me, went from 40 with mx5(sic) to 45 with arctic silver, horribly annoying

if you're fitting it with the mobo inside your case be careful of capacitors as it can easily knock them off...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

the exact same thing happened with me, went from 40 with mx5(sic) to 45 with arctic silver, horribly annoying

if you're fitting it with the mobo inside your case be careful of capacitors as it can easily knock them off...

mx5(sic) ?whats that?

any thoughts on the thermalright si 120 (new version of the XP 120

sorry it's actually MX-1 Paste, which is arctic coolings own brand of thermal grease. it comes pre-applied to the freezer 64 pro, so all you need to do is clean the old gunk off the processor and then plonk the freezer 64 pro down on it, easy as pie (of course i decided to reseat the cooler and messed that up :)).

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Yeah, Im kicking myself, I rotated it to point it towards an exhaust fan.....

Some people say that the MX-1 isnt better but it just comes perfectly applied.....

I will try and pick up a tube of it, We can all chip in a euro and send it around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

if you want something quite the syth ninja is ment to be the best out there they have it in ocuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

its a big barstand ?? lol

Advertisement