Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Heating - valve required?

Options
  • 12-06-2006 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Looking at my heating installation - its a fully pumped system with a gas burner. I dont think i can just have the system set to heat water the way it is - looking at stuff on the net, can anyone tell me if i would need a valve fitted to swith between heat and hot water ? Dont see a valve and when you switch the burner on it just seems to heat water and rads ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I presume you mean 'zoned' heating. The water would need to be seperated after it leaves the boiler, and a motorised valve put in place to restrict or allow the water to flow to the rads/hot water tank. You would also need to have an extra control panel/timer/switch installed to control this.

Afaik, it is also possible that there is a hand lever to switch the water to the tank on or off which could be located near the tank itself. Ethier way I doubt you'll be able to heat the water only without having work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

sundula wrote:
    Looking at my heating installation - its a fully pumped system with a gas burner. I dont think i can just have the system set to heat water the way it is - looking at stuff on the net, can anyone tell me if i would need a valve fitted to swith between heat and hot water ? Dont see a valve and when you switch the burner on it just seems to heat water and rads ?
    Just turn off the rads.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

there should be a valve i can close ? Suppose i could adjust TRV's in unused rooms

Advertisement