Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Park Tronic

Options
  • 12-06-2006 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

My Dad is looking to get park tronic on his new jeep, ive looked up golden pages to try and get him a few quotes, not much in it. Any ideas on cost, where i could go etc etc, any info appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Park tronic? Is this some kind of name brand for parking sensors or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

If it is parking sensors you're talking about then it's easy enough to get a kit online and install it yourself. How much were they looking for when you phoned around the Golden Pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cartronics do a good one with a LED display that tells you how close you are to the obstacle. Wherever you go try to get a reputable brand, sensors car be tempremental, so if you're gonna drill your bumper out for them, you at least need to know that they'll last a good few years - and if they don't that you'll be able to get replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Halfords in Carrickmines sell them. They fit around the number plate but I can't remember how much they cost sorry. Might be worth giving them a call on 01-2149550.

those number plate ones are not suitable for jeeps with square or off centre number plates, or for jeeps with the spare wheel on the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

Have been getting quoted about 400 + from ad's in golden pages, ill give Halfords a ring now.

I knwo u can buy a kit on say ebay, but not sure how good these would be and how easy they would be to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

The kits seem to be reasonably easy to install - see http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54786 for one guy's experience fitting them to an Avensis, you might get a better idea.

Hoping to have a go at installing them myself at some stage.

400 notes seems very expensive for what might be 1-2 hours' work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I am sure I saw a parking sensor kit for sale in Roaches Stores (one of those JML in-store TV ads). I remember thinking the price was very cheap, but cant remember it now (fairly sure it was <100e anyway). Have no idea of quality, though.

those JML parking sensors are a joke. they stick on the surface of the bumper and the wires trail into the boot door. might last 6 weeks if you're lucky.

I would shy away from fitting parking sensors to a jeep on my own. It's not as simple as on a car, as you have to allow for the spare wheel, and will probably have to remove the bumper too.

€400 sounds right by the way

Advertisement