Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pass Driving test by Default

Options
  • 12-06-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Is it possible to pass your driving test by default, say if you got a puncture or a stone hit the window by a passing car and broke it, its just I was told that you can pass by default sometimes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Vas_Guy wrote:
    Is it possible to pass your driving test by default, say if you got a puncture or a stone hit the window by a passing car and broke it, its just I was told that you can pass by default sometimes.

no , but you can fail by default.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Generally if something untoward like this happens It's counted as an automatic fail because the examiner is unable to determine your driving ability over the full test duration.. I.e they can't assume you'd pass if the test continued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Just having a vision there, imagine paying the kids on the road to stand at the corner around the time of your test and pelt the car with stones, would be funny now alright :D
    No but seriously it wouldnt be fair, because you can say that heavy rain or whatever had affected your ability to drive there would be a very faint line there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

A mate of mine was doing his driving test, came up to a roundabout and was going around it as a truck broke the red lights and was heading straight for the car he was driving. My mate managed to get out of the way and avoid hitting any other cars.

After this, the driving inspector told him to pull over and he'd passed by default purely because he showed his skill in handling a car under extreme circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

GaRtH_V wrote:
    A mate of mine was doing his driving test, came up to a roundabout and was going around it as a truck broke the red lights and was heading straight for the car he was driving. My mate managed to get out of the way and avoid hitting any other cars.

After this, the driving inspector told him to pull over and he'd passed by default purely because he showed his skill in handling a car under extreme circumstances.

Hmmm... sounds like a tall story if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

About half way through my dad's test the gear linkage broke and he was stuck in top (I think a 4 speed), he managed to limp back to the test centre and he was passed for showing that he wasn't intimidated by the problem and he coped well or some such, that was 30 odd years ago though

Advertisement