Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Suspicious Death" - Woman in 20s

Options

Comments

Bugger.. I wonder when they're going to release the details.. After they tell the next of kin I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Such a shame. I wonder what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Its reported in the video the guy that is being questioned was treated for minor head injuries.Must have been some type of argument that got out of hand.Sad News.

Delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

padi89 wrote:
    *Mod Edit*

No details have been released, this is how malicious rumours are started.

Accused/Defendant/Suspect's name or reputation shouldn't be tarnished on a website read by Galway people (Galway forum)

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote:
    No details have been released, this is how malicious rumours are started.

Accused/Defendant/Suspect's name or reputation shouldn't be tarnished on a website read by Galway people (Galway forum)

Like i said at the start,im not saying its true.Also did not mention any names nor did i go into details.Malicious rumors start over the shop counter this my friend is not malicious nor was it heard over a shop counter.
    I understand its a touchy subject.Unfortunately these days in most cases we know the details long long before an official release.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

padi89 wrote:
    Like i said at the start,im not saying its true.

If its not true then why post it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

taken from online.ie

Twenty-four-year-old Karen Guinee, a medical student from Cork, was found dead at the apartment on Father Griffin Avenue at around 6.30am following an emergency call from a neighbour.

The man due in court today was discovered at the apartment with head injuries.

He was taken to hospital for treatment before being arrested by gardaí investigating Ms Guinee's death.

The dead woman was due to graduate as a doctor at NUI Galway on Tuesday after six years of medical studies

Terrible R.I.P

Hobbes wrote:
    If its not true then why post it?

If i said "it is aledged" would that suit better?.Alot of News reports start off that way.I think its up to individual board members to make up their own minds.From what i read they all seem pretty intelligent to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

padi89 wrote:
    Like i said at the start,im not saying its true.Also did not mention any names nor did i go into details.Malicious rumors start over the shop counter this my friend is not malicious nor was it heard over a shop counter.
    I understand its a touchy subject.Unfortunately these days in most cases we know the details long long before an official release.
    Rumours should not be posted here, if the thruth is going to come out then let it come out. The investigation is ongoing. Please refrain from posting what you may have heard, it can only do harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

padi89 wrote:
    If i said "it is aledged" would that suit better?.Alot of News reports start off that way.I think its up to individual board members to make up their own minds.From what i read they all seem pretty intelligent to me.

It's Gossip. Heresay. Tittle Tattle. Full Stop.

Moderators feel free to take down my post then,until the six o clock news.Either way you are never guaranteed the truth from the media either just what the details the Garda want to release.

padi89 wrote:
    Moderators feel free to take down my post then,until the six o clock news.
    What you heard is not actually factually correct either by the way.

daveyjoe wrote:
    What you heard is not actually factually correct either by the way.

Never said it was.Hense "i heard".Even if its from the horses mouth it would be stupid for me to say my source.But Yes it was wrong and insensitive of me to post.I apoligise.

padi89 wrote:
    Never said it was.Hense "i heard".Even if its from the horses mouth it would be stupid for me to say my source.
    The internet is a public forum, it is not a place for 'He said, She said' especially when the matter is so delicate.

I have reported your post, I hope it is removed since you wont choose to remove it yourself.

daveyjoe wrote:
    The internet is a public forum, it is not a place for 'He said, She said' especially when the matter is so delicate.

I have reported your post, I hope it is removed since you wont choose to remove it yourself.

I dont know how i can remove where i have been quoted.Either way you saved me the hastle cheers.
    I find it a bit strange that people didnt mind so much the "hearsay" when that farmer shot the traveller in Mayo,strange that?.Seems its acceptable for some parts of society but not for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

While this is a delicate matter, this is also a discussion forum. padi89 did nothing *wrong* in my view, I had heard similar - though I prefer to wait for news with solid sources etc. As the post has been edited (and reported twice) I think we can move on.
    However, his post was not malicious, nor was it anything more than people would talk about in person.
    Hobbes was right though, if a little terse. No point posting 'rumours', even with a disclaimer indicating lack of solid sources.
    Let's not get bogged down in comparing Situation A with B, as they're two different sets of circumstances.

Tragic nonetheless.

Well its on the news now.Feck i know the guy from around,lived down the road from me,met him a couple of times with guys i know.Always seemed fairly chilled out,was big into the cycling.Sad,very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just saw the guy on the news there, he looked like he was absolutily sh1tting himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So whats the full story? Murder or manslaughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

JohnCleary wrote:
    Just saw the guy on the news there, he looked like he was absolutily sh1tting himself.

Wouldnt you if you were in the same boat

Owh man.

I knew him fairly bloody well actually. Saw his picture and name in a newspaper. Tried figuring out where I knew him, and then someone says it here. We used to be in the same cycling club years ago. He seemed like such an incredibly nice guy, so it was strange when I heard that he was the boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

did he go to the bish by any chance, look like a guy that was a few years below me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Think it was his older brother that was in to cycling in a big way. They look very simalar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LApam

So, whatever happened to this guy? Sounds to me that she put up one Hell of a fight! Good for her!

We'll should for the official statement on what happened before getting into any sex scandals.

This from RTE web
    Man charged with Galway murder

13 June 2006 19:30

A 25-year-old Galway man has been charged with the murder of a 23-year-old woman in the city.

Patrick Hogan of Father Griffin Avenue, Salthill in Galway was charged at a special sitting of Galway District Court this morning with the murder of Karen Guinee of the same address.

The murder is alleged to have taken place between 9pm on Saturday and around 6.50am yesterday at Father Griffin Avenue.

Det Sgt Willie Byrne gave evidence of arresting Mr Hogan at 9.55am yesterday and said he formally charged and cautioned him at 10pm last night.

Judge Mary Fahy remanded the accused in custody to appear at Harristown Court on 16 June.

It is understood Ms Guinee was originally from Co Cork and had recently graduated from university.

Gardaí have confirmed that following a post mortem on the body of Ms Guinee by the State Pathologist, Dr Marie Cassidy, the cause of her death was manual strangulation.

Speaking of Griffin. One of the most infamous events of the Black and Tan period was the murder of Father Michael Griffin, who was a curate in Saint Joseph's Church in Galway. A man who was supposed to have been an informer went missing, and was presumed to have been killed. Someone told the Black and Tans that the murderer had confessed to Father Griffin. They lured the priest out of his house on Montpelier Terrace, brought him to Lenaboy Castle, where they tortured him, and eventually killed him. His body was dumped in a bog in Barna, where it was discovered a few days later. His funeral was to receive huge international publicity, because of the fact that Fr. Griffin would not break the seal of confession. It was attended by many thousands of people There is a monument to him at the location where they found his body in Barna.

daveyjoe wrote:
    Untrue and reported.

Reported when/where?

Very good history there, love hearing about history around XMas time. There's a plaque on Sea Road outside the house, isin't there? Now property of Forde's solicitors if I recall?!

On a side note, what ever happened to this so called murderer thats in the topic? Such a sad story :(
    biko wrote:
    We'll should for the official statement on what happened before getting into any sex scandals.

This from RTE web

Speaking of Griffin. One of the most infamous events of the Black and Tan period was the murder of Father Michael Griffin, who was a curate in Saint Joseph's Church in Galway. A man who was supposed to have been an informer went missing, and was presumed to have been killed. Someone told the Black and Tans that the murderer had confessed to Father Griffin. They lured the priest out of his house on Montpelier Terrace, brought him to Lenaboy Castle, where they tortured him, and eventually killed him. His body was dumped in a bog in Barna, where it was discovered a few days later. His funeral was to receive huge international publicity, because of the fact that Fr. Griffin would not break the seal of confession. It was attended by many thousands of people There is a monument to him at the location where they found his body in Barna.

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    On a side note, what ever happened to this so called murderer thats in the topic?

Still awaiting trial date.

Off topic: Reported your earlier post again as the mods have not replied yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement