Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best AGP GFX card for 150€ ?

Options
  • 12-06-2006 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

What's the best AGP gfx card for under 150€
    A friend of mine is looking at GeForce LE ones and i am skeptical of that "LE".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭romperstomper

get a 6800GT on ebay 2nd hand

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have a Gforce 5700LE 256mb and it is rubbish now!!! LE means limited edition, it is sold as is and not properly fine tuned by the maufacturer (In this case mines Sparkle). This 5700LE struggles in far cry and San Andreas and cant play FEAR at all even low res, so I would AVOID, I don't mind though coz I'm getting a new PC after the leaving :D Gonna build it myself, You'd only be able to play Max Payne 2 full settings on a 5700LE like I have, not worth the money, and I got it over a year ago :O

Good luck

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As mentioned a 6800GT second hand is a stormer of a card, or if you want to buy new for the warranty, a 6600GT can still be picked up in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

6800gt or x800xt agp for second hand off e-bay is your best bet, I use a 6800gt in one of my rigs and it runs fear and oblivion etc great.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

if its brand new your after then the radeon x1600 pro is probably your best bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement