Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Insurance (for the millionth time)

Options
  • 12-06-2006 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Me and my dad have around 10,000 euro worth of bikes but there seemes to be nobody who will insure them. Dose anybody know of a company that will insure expensive bikes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Can you get them inusred under house contants - a mate of mine has his insured this way through simplymortgages / HSBC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭daymobrew

My bikes are under my house insurance. I am with Royal SunAlliance, via AA.
    Most companies won't insure anything over e1000, often less. Frustrating.
    It's a pity that they don't realise that people will expensive bikes will take better care of them than their more expensive car, and so are less of an insurance risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Are they still coverd when there not in your house?????

Found a place eandl.org.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭daymobrew

liamo333 wrote:
    Are they still coverd when there not in your house?????
    Yes. They are explicitly listed in the docs. I think that my e1.5k road bike costs about e120/year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

1k of bikes covered for no extra charge to house contents. Listed components/value in full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement