Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Games pre-order on Play.com

Options
  • 12-06-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Play.com have set up a pre-order secton for the PS3. I was suprised to see that the games are selling for £49.99. Does this mean that the rrp is going to be £59.99. What does that mean for the in-store price over here? I'm guessing €80-90!!!!

I know that it's early days yet but I'm guessing that play.com are getting their figures from somewhere and not just throwing on an extra tenner for the sake of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Just double checked. The Wii has the same price point. Can't be right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

€80-90... ouch... I'd imagine it's all guesswork though... educated guesses perhaps... I suppose it would be better for play to tell preorderers that something is cheaper than first thought rather than dearer...
    Interesting... the wii launch titles are down for Christmas Day, the PS3 games are down for Mid-Nov :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

For whatever reason, Play haven't included the typical discount off the RRP, probably because it's too early to confirm a lower price. For example, a general Xbox 360 game's RRP is £50, yet they retail on Play for £40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

it was the same last year, 360 games where around the same price and they had oblivion, graw and gears of war down as release titles :( oh what a launch that could have been...

Advertisement