Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not answering emails.

Options
  • 12-06-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Would you still purchase from a company that wouldnt bother answering your emails? I was looking to buy a set of speakers with stands from a High End Audio shop in Dublin im sure some of you know it.As i dont live in Dublin i was planning to head up at the end of the month to purchase but i had a couple of questions i needed answered first.I just emailed them a few days ago to see if they usually stock them or if i would have to order them in before i went up and a couple of questions on pricing.I got no answer so i emailed them again early this morning and still no answer.
    Im thinking now im not even going to bother my arse shopping with them.I know its just as easy to drop them a line but why have a contact us section on your site if you arent prepared to answer customer querys.
    I really wanted to buy local but i think with service like this it isnt worth it.Shops in Cork ,Belfast and numerous UK stores have got back to me within a day.
    The only thing that might be wrong is their internet is down but i would doubt it after a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

ring them, ask is there internet ok, if they say say hang up and go somewhere else. ;)

seriously, in my experience if companies are not responding when you are trying to buy something, they will be even worse when you are trying to get something fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yeah I would ring them but since I normally buy everything online (and am too lazy to ring), I would depend on the email to be sent back to me within a day or two otherwise I wouldnt bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

ahh, unless they are significantly cheaper, stuff them and go somewhere where they want your business! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

E-mail is one of the worst forms of communication. The phone. Use it. You will be finished in five minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

fluffer wrote:
    E-mail is one of the worst forms of communication. The phone. Use it. You will be finished in five minutes.

Zomg! I'll pretend I didnt see that *covers eyes*. Email pwns telephone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

fluffer wrote:

For buisness email is essential today.Anyway so i gave them a call and they were happy to answer my questions.I asked regarding their email and was told it must not have been read.So their email is working fine but they are just too lazy to answer,so for this reason im not going to bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

E-mail is essential for business, but most shops and places like that will have an e-mail address more for the sake of it. The phone is always best when dealing with places in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

So when things go tits up and you need a quick decision you reach for your.......
    Phone is much more immediate. E-mail is dead handy, has a written record, and is excellent for the shy consumer. But if you aint happy, especially as a consumer, dump the computer and reach for the phone. Much harder for them to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Some businesses just plain don't understand that people rely on email and the internet for buying or researching products. The same company may be excellent to deal with in person or over the telephone, so don't discount them immediately.

Do you think you would need to deal with this shop over email for any support or customer support issues if you did buy from them? If not, then just ring them.

Also, check out www.richersounds.ie, pretty good prices and their shipping prices are quite good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I fricking HATE companies that give an email or a platter of emails for dealing with them in such a fashion and NEVER respond.

• Advertisement

Dont get me wrong here folks.I did find them pleasant to deal with over the phone.In fact the reason i wanted to deal with them was because they were irish and although a little pricer than online i think the service you get would be excellent.
    All i really wanted to do was have a couple of questions answered.Im by no means shy,i just thought that it was probably convienient for them if i just emailed them.If i had got an answer with prices etc then calling them would have been the next step for me.
    Thanks for the suggestion eoin_s.I recently purchased a CD player from Richer Sounds them and they were excellent.Very easy ro deal with,pleasant and when i ran into a problem thet were very helpfull.I used email and the phone to contact them.
    Il probably still go with the shpo in Dublin in the end even after all i said.I guess maybe its just too easy to shop online these days and completly miss out on the one to one basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i never e-mail if i have the option to call. i like to know they got the message and i hate waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I was buying an LCD tv from the UK last year, and one of the factors in my decision who to buy from was the time they took to reply to my e-mail about delivery. One came back within an hour, the other place which was slightly cheaper took nearly a week. I went with the first one.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If its a retail store, and customers are in, the phone is hopping and everyones busy, email is the last thing you are going to sit down and do. I wouldnt discount them because of it. Unless they are an online store as well, then not responding to email would be less than professional. The internet and email are the way things are going, but not everyone is up to speed and efficient at dealing with customers that way. Old habits die hard and all that.

KatieK wrote:
    If its a retail store, and customers are in, the phone is hopping and everyones busy, email is the last thing you are going to sit down and do. I wouldnt discount them because of it. Unless they are an online store as well, then not responding to email would be less than professional. The internet and email are the way things are going, but not everyone is up to speed and efficient at dealing with customers that way. Old habits die hard and all that.
    True but two emails over two weeks???? Come on.Dont put advertisements in International magazines with your web address if you not perpared to use it as a means of communication.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

padi89 wrote:
    True but two emails over two weeks???? Come on.Dont put advertisements in International magazines with your web address if you not perpared to use it as a means of communication.
    I had a conversation recently with someone who has bought and paid for a website. And they laughed and said 'they tell me I get emails on it but I havent a clue how to look at them' :rolleyes: Sometimes thats the mentality you are dealing with. Great people to deal with, but luddites when it comes to the internet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

management needs more staff if all customers and potential ones cannot be served.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

KatieK wrote:
    I had a conversation recently with someone who has bought and paid for a website. And they laughed and said 'they tell me I get emails on it but I havent a clue how to look at them' :rolleyes:

LOSERS

Advertisement