Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of ordering DIGIWEB 'Metro Lite'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Bubba wrote:
    Hi,

Saw an ad for this service and it looks good to me.

http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_services.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=91&zzz=hm

What i want to know is will xbox live be ok on this service? Does any1 have it, what is it like? Download speeds consistent? etc

Thanks

tried to get it but too low a signal was detected when the lads went on the roof. got there dsl package instead for €23/month and its perfect so far

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

bibibobo wrote:
    tried to get it but too low a signal was detected when the lads went on the roof. got there dsl package instead for €23/month and its perfect so far

Are you living in Dublin? Southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Oh yeah and one other thing i've wanted to know is what does the contention ratio actually mean? for example 40:1

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Bubba wrote:
    Oh yeah and one other thing i've wanted to know is what does the contention ratio actually mean? for example 40:1

northside dublin.
    contention ratio - This means that they have allocated up to a potential 40 users using the one line at any one time and speeds are only going to be v slow if that many are using it although this is not all that likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

i have metro plus and its great. I play a lot of pro evo online
    and never get any problems. All i will tell you is that if you
    download a lot it wont be the best for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Was thinking of going for this myself (well the €35 service anyway) - what's the phone service on it like? Ideally, I'd love to get rid of the land line entirely, but need a decent phone service at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

ricey wrote:
    i have metro plus and its great. I play a lot of pro evo online
    and never get any problems. All i will tell you is that if you

Different people have different definitions of "a lot".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ricey wrote:
    if you

Jawzus Ricey you have redefined "A Lot" upwards for me :D

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Jawzus Ricey you have redefined "A Lot" upwards for me :D

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

ricey wrote:
    ??

well did you not say before that you downloaded 180gig in 30 days

to most normal people, thats a good bit more than 'a lot'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

event wrote:

I am thinking of subscribing to the metro package for 34.99 but was wondering do they stick to their word (in that it would be setup by a certain date as need it for work) and is it reasonably reliable? I have been with utv for a year now and never any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

sweetie wrote:
    I am thinking of subscribing to the metro package for 34.99 but was wondering do they stick to their word (in that it would be setup by a certain date as need it for work) and is it reasonably reliable? I have been with utv for a year now and never any problems.

no idea

event wrote:

That was before il never do that much again.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used this bb package, are digiweb any good? Seems to be a very good deal?

Any comments appreciated.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

Bulmers wrote:
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used this bb package, are digiweb any good? Seems to be a very good deal?

Any comments appreciated.

thanks

like all isps they have their problems, when i got it i was told it would be installed in two wks took them six wks and a lot of phone calls. I was also overcharged on a wireless acc I dident have, their connection like all isps comes and goes. By european standards its pretty poor service but then so are all isps in Ireland so take your pick. If you dont have any problems with your current isp I would stay with them.

Advertisement