Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate The Leaving Certificate

Options
  • 12-06-2006 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

On a scale of 1 to 10, how easy has the LC been for you? I cant get over how handy it is, and have no reservations about giving it a solid 3. I am delighted with it so far - I was fearing Geography the most but after doing the exam today, I bloody love it. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Going fantastically so far, haven't had a single paper that I didn;t like yet. 10 for 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

If easiest was 1 and hardest was 10

I'd say 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I think Raphael meant 1.

And add how many points your aiming for, so we can actually know if theres a reason it was easy for you... ;)

Im goin for 480 in Trinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Maths was a bit of a bastard. Other than that, fairly simple.

With 1 being the hardest, 10 the easist:

Overall, we'll give it a 7. As regards stress levels and such, 9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

is 10 the best??

i'd say...8!

aiming for 530/540!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DiscoMouse

Using 10 as best, about 7. I would've said 8 or 9 before that diabolical Maths exam. I'm going for 520.

Archimedes wrote:
    I think Raphael meant 1.

And add how many points your aiming for, so we can actually know if theres a reason it was easy for you... ;)

Im goin for 480 in Trinity.
    No, I think you forgot to specify a scale of any kind and I assumed you meant 10 good 1 bad. Like swimmers, when people hold up the signs.

And I need 435, but I'm aiming for 550

Well if I gave it a 3, and said I found it easy....use your common sense.

1 = Easy
    10 = Hard

Jesus, you have to spoonfeed some of these people...

Common sense isn't as common a commodity as you'd think. =p

• Advertisement

I know, Ive seen you post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

maths was imposible. but othe than that it was quite easy

Archimedes wrote:
    I know, Ive seen you post...
    ...hahahaha. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Maths has pretty much ruined everything. And it's not going fast like they said it would. And I haven't studied for French yet. And I'm using and at the start of every sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I would say about 5....not particularly hard but I'm disappointed!
    I need 505 but I would like 555! It's a nice round number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Faerie wrote:
    I would say about 5....not particularly hard but I'm disappointed!
    I need 505 but I would like 555! It's a nice round number!
    My friend got 555 last year! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Id say 5, just mainly because i didnt do a tap for geog or irishm but i blaged it through geog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidorgan

Who says rate 1-10 with 1 being best its 10 is best!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

i give it ,4 **** the leaving cert its a heap of ****e which is not going my way and i have to repeat so i will be in the same situation this time next year oh how inspiring for me!!! poo!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

i give it ,4 **** the leaving cert its a heap of ****e which is not going my way and i have to repeat so i will be in the same situation this time next year oh how inspiring for me!!! poo!

Wahay! This thread was depressing me until I saw ur post ;)

The leaving sucks ass

• Advertisement

blahhh wrote:
    Wahay! This thread was depressing me until I saw ur post ;)

The leaving sucks ass

it really does ............ are you thinking of repeating too ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i think its bout a 5... not too hard and a bit overrated but it aint a walk in the park either! aiming to hit 500 but doubt i will.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

it really does ............ are you thinking of repeating too ??

It's a looking fairly likely.....which is uber depressing, because I'm 18 now (did ty) so it would be fan-fu(kin-tastic if I had to repeat :cool:

Sure dunno what I want to do, that's why I figure I didn't take leaving seriously, I didn't feel I had/have to work towards anything, everyone else knows how many/points/honours/pass etc they need, whereas I'm like, jaysus I better not fail :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

It's extremely overrated! The hype around the thing is absolutly crap! I'm finding the stress waay more difficult to cope with rather than actually sitting down and doing the exams!
    Roll on thursday!!

blahhh wrote:
    It's a looking fairly likely.....which is uber depressing, because I'm 18 now (did ty) so it would be fan-fu(kin-tastic if I had to repeat :cool:

Sure dunno what I want to do, that's why I figure I didn't take leaving seriously, I didn't feel I had/have to work towards anything, everyone else knows how many/points/honours/pass etc they need, whereas I'm like, jaysus I better not fail :rolleyes:

im 18 aswell so its like that bad .....loads repeat , one my friends is nearly 20(was sick 4 year and was a year older anyway) and is thinking of repeating so its not that bad ......... i know what i wanted but it was only 300 so i was like not bothered but now regreting it ahhhh im so mad at myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

just gone 17 and dont plan on repeating

whassupp2 wrote:
    just gone 17 and dont plan on repeating
    yeah i know your kind , there where i live too...... none of them will be repeating
    one girl i know got 550 in mocks and she is only gone 16 (weird) but she cant go to college till she is 17 so yeah the young are more brainy

Advertisement