Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone play on normal servers?

Options
  • 12-06-2006 6:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the general concensus is with normal servers where you can opt in or out of pvp out in the wotld?
    Anyone play on normal servers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I play on a normal server.

In a way I'm glad that I can run through Booty Bay and all over Kalimdor doing quests without being interrupted, but there are times when you fancy PvP (such as battlegrounds) and it's just impossible to get anyone.

Best ad-hoc PvP moment was when a known Horde guild decided to raid Sentinal Hill. For about five minutes, it was just low levels getting ganked. The very first thing they did was kill the wind rider master so no-one could flee. Then high 50's and 60's started pouring in from Stormwind, someone, somehow managed to organise an Alliance raid, and a big battle ensued.

I was only level 20 or so. It was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I play on a normal server. I just really don't want to be bothered by being ganked everywhere when I'm trying to get quests done. PvP just isn't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I love BG's, but can't stand being ganked...

It's fine on a normal server, but on a pvp server there always seemed to be Nelf Rogues at lvl 60 floating about... :(

Luckily I have a lvl 60 Nelf Rogue... :D (PvE server though ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

I have never played on a 'normal' server and can't really see myself wanting to either. I really enjoy the whole 'did he see me? did he see me, ahhh crap he did"
    feelng. Then running like hell trapping and stuff.

I am on my 3rd char to 60 atm, lvl 50 dorf hunter and am seriously thinking of getting a few "I survived STV" t-shirts printed.:)

Being ganked was baaadd in the 30's but after about lvl 42-44, I find you are either in places that the 60's don't bother with or ppl just realise that they are all trying to reach the same goal and just get on with it.

Funny , on my server, Hillsbrad is just not what it used to be about a year ago. You could always be nearly guaranteed a huge battle every night. Now though, just a few lvl 20 something hordies and some noble alliance killing ogres.

Ahh well, thats a mature server for you I guess :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

While I have always been a big fan of PvP servers, both for its huge and easily sparked fights, in Hillsbrad. And for the even more fun, of stalking through STV as a druid, using track and ganking all and sundry. Having recently gotten to 60 with my mage and still riding around on my "noob mount" I'm finding it incredibly frustrating. Just wandering through Un'goro crater, Tanaris or even the plaguelands is just looking to be ganked.

Some level 60, in full epics, sees you and hops on their mounts. Then they just casually just ride towards you and pass you by. Then hop off and bang, you are fooked :( Its incredibily frustrating. But, I can honestly say, I look forward to doing it myself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm on Moonglade - RP server. I enjoy the questing but sometimes you can be waiting a while to get to a BG. Seems to be picking up a lot now though - good battle in AV last night - 40v40 - very unusual for midweek.

seamus: you could always get a group together and head to horde territory and started ganking npcs - you'd be certain of getting some pvp action then :D

Advertisement