Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice In Chains...what's next for the band?

• 12-06-2006 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

So, after seeing an awesome display from the band yesterday, I must ask...are they back together for good now? Or is this just a temporary reunion?
    Also, what's the name of the new singer? I know I saw his name around here before but I can't remember it. I thought he was pretty good!
    So please, someone make my day and tell me that they're back together permenantly :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

William DuVall he is the lead singer with Comes with the Fall - http://www.comeswiththefall.com/

So who knows what will happen there ... but christ did he do the songs justice. Very hard to "replace" layne but he done a great job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I think they are back together for good now. the new singer is William DuVall, he is very good imo!
    whats next......hopefully write some new material! :D

I think they are back together for good now. the new singer is William DuVall, he is very good imo!
    whats next......hopefully write some new material! :D

Actually acccording to wiki (just checked) looks like a once off thing :(
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Chains

that sucks!

i dont know.... Jerry Cantrell always said that aic would be back and now that they have found a very good singe in DuVall....i dont see why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Totally agree, he was really good! Them Bones was brilliant and he was great on stage too. They were supposed to be playing the tent so I was waiting around on the grass outside, all of a sudden I heard music from the stadium and knew it was them, cue me and my boyfriend legging it into the stadium! So I missed most of Them Bones, just got the end of it but it sounded excellent!! They must have been changed because Korn had pulled out. Hope they play their own gig soon :)

• Advertisement

yes i would definetly go if they played their own gig. i was never a die hard aic fan like alot of people i know. but i was actually blown away by the performance, i just stood back and listened to some great stuff :-)

yep twas great, and he can play a bit of guitar too ..
    40 mins was just way way too short though, so glad it wasn't in the tent

i wasnt timing it and it felt like 30 min!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

I met William and Sean in Abrakebabra last night. I asked William whats next for the band, will they record with him and tour, and he said he didnt know for sure. He didnt look too confident about it either.

Sound guys by the way! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

what was AIC's setlist? i didn't know they played them bones. also i remember from an interview a while back that they if they were to make some new material, they wouldn't release it under AIC's name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yanked from the thread in Gigs/Events:

We Die Young
    Them Bones
    Man In The Box
    Down In A Hole
    Again
    No Excuses
    Rooster
    Would?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Bastard exams meant that I missed them, so hopefully I'll get the privilege of seeing them next time. I've got mixed feelings about them recording new stuff though, maybe I'm just being nostalgic and going against change but it just seems wrong for some reason. What if it doesn't sound like them at all? Anyone else feel this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Bastard exams meant that I missed them, so hopefully I'll get the privilege of seeing them next time. I've got mixed feelings about them recording new stuff though, maybe I'm just being nostalgic and going against change but it just seems wrong for some reason. What if it doesn't sound like them at all? Anyone else feel this way?

Have some faith in God...I mean Jerry. :D

He wont release ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i hope jerry doesn't shelve his solo album that he has been working on. I rate Degradation Trip Vol1+2 as one of the best albums i own. Not easy listening but very rewarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I met William and Sean in Abrakebabra last night

Im so very jealous of you right now. One of my favourite drummers and you met him. I felt lucky enough to see him though. i wanted to head to london to see them but its sold out now:(

Advertisement