Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Igor leaves Sepultura

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

I don't want to see the reunion at all. I just have things against Max and don't want to see him playing with Paulo and Andreas again. I think he will play with Iggor soon though. And I also love Derrick Green and I would feel very sorry for him if he wasn't accomadated. I think not only is he a really really nice guy but he has helped Seps develop their sound. No two Sepultura albums since he arrived have sounded the same and in my eyes they all have been on grade A quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

dont get me wrong i love derrick as well,he is a sound bloke and a quality front man but to me to see sepultura with max,iggor,andreas and paulo would be the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

have you seen soulfly?? It might turn you off max.

i was at soulfly in january and i thought it was a good show,really enjoyed it alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Max being a dick as usual:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=54025

MAX CAVALERA: 'I Wasn't Surprised' To Hear IGOR Left SEPULTURA - June 21, 2006

Former SEPULTURA/current SOULFLY frontman Max Cavalera has commented on last week's announcement that his brother, drummer Igor Cavalera, was leaving SEPULTURA to pursue "other projects." The following is an excerpt from an interview Patrizia Mazzuoccolo of the Norwegian metal radio show "Tinitus" conducted with Max last Friday (June 16) backstage at the Norwegian Wood Festival in Oslo, Norway:

Tinitus: Were you surprised when you heard that Igor left SEPULTURA?

Max: "Not really, because it's an unhappy camp over there. Because it doesn't have the same spirit anymore. It's like trying to create something that's not there anymore. So I was not really surprised. I was surprised that SEPULTURA tried to keep up for this long, because, really, I just saw them going more down and down and down — with every album, less popular, less popular. They should've left the name alone."

Tinitus: Obviously, you must have heard this so many times: a SEPULTURA reunion. There's so many reunions nowadays. Would that be ever possible in the future?

Max: "It's possible. There's nothing concrete at all. There's a lot of rumors over there. But I think when it happens, it will happen the right way, [for] the right reason, [at] the right time. When it happens, it will be great. But in the meantime, this is great — with SOULFLY, anyway. So, I'm not like one of those musicians that are like, 'I need to do a reunion because my band sucks.' Some guys have that problem — I don't."

He hasn't talked to any of them (bar one or two phone calls with Igor) for 10 years, and he has the cheek to say "it's an unhappy camp".
    Max, you're a twat, nobody gives a **** what you think anymore. It's been 10 years, move on.

• Advertisement

he clearly has moved on,his band played the main stage at download last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Drummo

Gintonious wrote:
    he clearly has moved on,his band played the main stage at download last week

Doesn't look too clear to me!

compared to sepultura its crystal clearn,he is deffo pushin for the reunion,the amount that all parties involved could make from it is mad

Advertisement