Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hd ready tv under 30 inches

• 12-06-2006 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭

as the title says im looking for tv under 30 inches
    i was looking the hyundai tv in xtra vision but its too big for my room

my budget is 1200 [selling alot of stuff]

this tv will be used with sky+ xbox 360 and hopefully the ps3

what tv will suit me

advice needed

looking for somthing around 27"
    has to have hdmi slot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The LG 26LX2R has both DVI and HDMI which might be useful in the future.

Tested with 360 @720 and 1080i.

I bought after Christmas for €999.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Its now only €837

ricey wrote:
    Its now only €837

Definitely worth a consideration so.

It has excellent connections and the PC connectivity is great too.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Try pixmania or komplett, look at the samsung's, i bought a 26" samsung on pixmania for 828+25 P&P,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have you got the smallest room in the world?

Wall mount it and move yer bed ?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that tv sounds good nereid
    and where is it for 837 euro

is it very good with the xboz 360

im also think of the Panasonic Viera 26LXD60 ,any good

and the Philips 26" LCD-TV 26PF5321.any good

is it very good with the xboz 360

It is very good. A friend who has a Samsung R32 said the colours were sharper on the LG. I don't know, I thought they were pretty good on both.

The quality of normal analog TV and digital (NTL) is very very good on this TV - seems to be better than on the Samsung quoted above. There is no lip sync problems over component video and it scales Progressive PAL full screen beautifully.(which basically means that the onboard scaler is doing a fine job). The Black levels are also very good.

I bought in a "normal" shop (Currys) rather than on the internet mainly because I would prefer to be able to go somewhere physically with the machine and talk to someone (even if they are stupid) if there was a problem.

I would recommend going to a shop like Currys or Harvey Norman and just looking at the picture on all the screens there. Keep an eye out for lip sync, black levels and colour differences.

Bearing in mind that the quality of the picture in the shops tends to be of two types (very very good HiDef content and poor poor poor TV signals with snow) you need to take an average of the two.

The hiDef pic is NOT what your TV will look like unless you are using a HiDef source, and the picture from your Cable will be better than the snow that they show in the shop.

Compare and contrast the models that interest you, and if you can, ignore the sales persons. What I did was take note of the Model Numbers of the panels that i thought were good and then googled them with "review" or something like that.

L.

ricey wrote:
    Its now only €837
    found it
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/104089/art/lg/26lx2r-hd-ready-16-9-26-6.html?itag=4620#fichetechnique

id say im going to buy it

how much would it be of an upgrade will i be look at since my current tv is the Dell w2600

and nereid theres a hdmi slot in the back right and how many scarts are there

how much would it be of an upgrade will i be look at since my current tv is the Dell w2600

and nereid theres a hdmi slot in the back right and how many scarts are there

I don't know the spec of the 2600 so I can't compare the two. I might be wrong but is the refresh rate on it 16ms? If it is then the difference is the LG has an 8ms response time.

To be honest the 2600 is probably fine. Why do you want to upgrade it?

The LG has :
    1 component
    1 HDMI
    1 DVI
    1 RGB scart
    1 Svideo/ Composite scart
    1 Svideo
    1 composite

L.

nereid wrote:
    I don't know the spec of the 2600 so I can't compare the two. I might be wrong but is the refresh rate on it 16ms? If it is then the difference is the LG has an 8ms response time.

To be honest the 2600 is probably fine. Why do you want to upgrade it?

The LG has :
    1 component
    1 HDMI
    1 DVI
    1 RGB scart
    1 Svideo/ Composite scart
    1 Svideo
    1 composite

L.
    specs of dell w2600
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/televisions/0,39030217,39188369,00.htm

• Advertisement

To be honest, the only difference is the pixels (the LG is 1360x768 the dell is 1280x720), the viewing angle (the LG is 170 degrees the dell is 85) and the contrast (the LG claims 1000 (I think) the dell is 400). Also the LG has a HDMI port as well as the DVI.

In theory, for XBox360, if you use component, the Dell will come in at the native resolution of the screen (720p) so you would have a perfect match screen image with no scaling to be done at all.

Why do you want to change from the dell screen?

L.

nereid wrote:
    Why do you want to change from the dell screen?

L.
    just want an upgrade somthing that will be future proof [at lest 3 yrs] and want it for the ps3 too and sky hd

the dell tv has a brilliant picture but im hoping theres somthing better out there

Advertisement