Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for next year

Options
  • 12-06-2006 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

hey just out of interest, wats everybodys plans for next year?
    I was plannin on tryin for physio but think im jus gonna settle for general science in trinity or ucd after the last few days of exams.
    Any opinions on the science course???? I heard a lot of ppl drop out in first year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Civil Engineering if i get an honour in maths which is gonna b hard to getafter todays performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

I have a place on a Sound Engineering course in Ballyfermot College of Further Education provided I get 3 OD3s and 2HC3s which I think is pretty likely. I got 320 in my mocks from not studying so I think I should be ok. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Sound engineering sounds like great craic alrite. Sumthin i wud hav love t tried but my love for science well overpowered it. I kno, i kno, i sound like a nerd, but physics is so interestin, honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Theoretical Physics in UCD, providing I get my 435 points, and my B2's in maths and physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Im hoping for Business with Office Information Systems in CIT, it was 250 last year according to qualifax.ie and I got 250 in my pre with no study!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

willowmegs wrote:
    Im hoping for Business with Office Information Systems in CIT, it was 250 last year according to qualifax.ie and I got 250 in my pre with no study!

me too thats my first choice but i think im going to fail 2 H subjects so it wont be enough........ i got 220 in mocks not enough:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Medicine or Veterinary Med. So confused.. dunno if I'll even get either, fingers crossed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Another Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

art history and architecture... *fingers crossed* but seriously doubt if ill get the points (in or around 500) so i gotta put some lower courses on the change of mind cao form ... ill think about what exactly once the exams are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Azureus wrote:
    art history and architecture... *fingers crossed* but seriously doubt if ill get the points (in or around 500) so i gotta put some lower courses on the change of mind cao form ... ill think about what exactly once the exams are over.

How long do we have left to apply for a change of mind cao form?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

july 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Garret wrote:
    july 1st

Oh ****, I haven't even looked at other courses yet. I'll have to do so later on in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'm putting down Nutritional Sciences.

It could be 390, could be 490.

At this stage I'll just be happy if I make it to at least 300 and then settle on Enviornmental Sciences which is my second option.

I was depending on Geography to get a C3 but now, after today, I'm guessing I got a D2. I need a C3 in either Business, Art or Biology too.

I need to pass German which scares me...ALLOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

ye theres a lot of pressure on me t do well in german aswel!!
    won lc german student of the year this year nd i really didnt deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

ThrownAway wrote:

where are you doing that?
    im hoping to go to uni and do one of business and legal,pharmacy or something in science but i still dont have a bloody clue what to put down as number 1.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Hoping to go to DCU and do Communication Studies(tis media studies sorta thing) but I need 450 points which I'll be very very lucky if I get it.
    I have a few other similar courses down that I'm interested in so all is not lost if i don't get that course!
    If everything goes pear shaped it'll be an Arts degree in either UCC or UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

ThrownAway wrote:

Know quite a few going for that.

Dunno what I'm going to do.....prob repeat :eek:

Wanted to try tattoo artistry, but me ma said "That's no job for a girl" ..... :D
    I love that woman

fatal wrote:
    where are you doing that?

UCC
    Doubt I'm going to pass German though so I'll just not go to college

Do you need a language for those IT places Like CIT and DIT

blahhh wrote:
    Know quite a few going for that.
    Oh great it'll be 500 or something so cause I know a few too.

ThrownAway wrote:
    UCC
    Doubt I'm going to pass German though so I'll just not go to college

Do you need a language for those IT places Like CIT and DIT

i dont think you do

• Advertisement

Ah sure I'll be grand so :)

ThrownAway wrote:
    Ah sure I'll be grand so :)
    make sure though 1st,im not 100% sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

I'm heartened that, as of yet, nobody has mentioned either part of my course, and hope that this is a general trend. French and Italian, TCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I've got History and politics in Trinity down as my number one, but i think i already lost the points i need on Maths alone. Probably do BESS now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

probably takin a year out and chillin :cool:

get a full driving licence, set up a few websites, get into IT more, save a bit of cash... get my confidence up :) if i'm lucky win euromillions and retire (im serious)

colleges should be looking for me, not the other way about :cool: i'm not going to commit to a 4 year course for the sake of it. my decision will be carefully calculated with all risks and future prospects taken into account.

i think most of yee are foolish jumpin into these courses. guarantee you they havn't been researched properly. this is your life you're playing with, you can't hit 'play again' once you fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

smemon wrote:

get a full driving licence, set up a few websites, get into IT more, save a bit of cash... get my confidence up :) if i'm lucky win euromillions and retire (im serious)

colleges should be looking for me, not the other way about :cool: i'm not going to commit to a 4 year course for the sake of it. my decision will be carefully calculated with all risks and future prospects taken into account.

i think most of yee are foolish jumpin into these courses. guarantee you they havn't been researched properly. this is your life you're playing with, you can't hit 'play again' once you fail.
    Eh, live fast, die young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

smemon wrote:

Your so wonderfully perfect smemon :rolleyes: Seriously, your head is so big I can see it through the interent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ladyspud

Arts in UCC (Maths and Irish prob)...15 hours a week!! Wanna be a teacher (holidays!!) so ya! :D
    Nutitional Science
    Ya my sis did that graduated last year, hard course but she loved it! Do a postgrad after though easier to get a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I've got History and politics in Trinity down as my number one, but i think i already lost the points i need on Maths alone. Probably do BESS now.

Don't give up on it yet. I missed Hist Pol by 5 points and Law by the same on first round offers last year. I'm in Bess and even when i got my second round offers i stuck with BESS. i though it would be terrible, and yeah some bits suck but i love othe parts. Also last yera there was a huge drop in points, of 30 to 545 so it may drop again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidorgan

Im hoping to get Computer Applications in DCU!!!!!:cool:

Advertisement