Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for next year

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

leaving cert...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Your so wonderfully perfect smemon :rolleyes: Seriously, your head is so big I can see it through the interent.
    ROFLMAO :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

ThrownAway wrote:
    UCC
    Doubt I'm going to pass German though so I'll just not go to college

Do you need a language for those IT places Like CIT and DIT
    I dont think most ITs require a language,I'm pretty sure DIT doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

smemon wrote:
    . this is your life you're playing with, you can't hit 'play again' once you fail.

eh yeah you can, its pretty easy to just change courses, or drop out and enter a new course, or just do a different course afterwards :cool:

Me im going for general science in DCU (or common entry whatever), probably go into physics after the first year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i jus wanna do an arts degree in maynooth!!is it dat much to ask!!chance im gonna get the points tho!!!not way cud i!!!i need 330 for pontifical maynooth and i aint even gonna get dat ffs!!!ah im so annoyed!!and dis is my 2nd time round i shud have done d work!!lazy biatch!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Wanna do comp science in DIT, But I have a feeling I'll be lucky to get a D3 in maths, nvm a C3 :( I'll get more than enough points though, thats what kinda pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

smemon wrote:
    probably takin a year out and chillin :cool:

get a full driving licence, set up a few websites, get into IT more
    That first bit there is me - hopefully pass my upcoming driving test, put an ad in the paper for web design, get a new car, and in October (fingers crossed, although it's not looking great so far) Computer Science in Trinity.
    If not, there's always DCU... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

grimloch wrote:
    Another Leaving Cert.

Bingo.

I won't get my first choice anyway(Liberal Arts in UL)and in truth I know I can get 450+ on these exams at least if I put my mind to it.

Going to repeat then,and prolly on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

I going for Liberal Arts in UL as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

smemon wrote:
    probably takin a year out and chillin :cool: get a full driving licence
    I got my full driving license 2 weeks ago :cool: , I'm 17.
    Best of luck wit it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

hopefully arts in UCC! otherwise it'l be legal studies in collage of com.. n if i dont get either of them then it'l be the dole!

fun fun

anyone know if arts in UCC is going to go up or down for points?! crystal balls out everyone please if it goes up i kiss goodbye to thet anyway! it went down 20 last yr, 380-360...... down another 20 n would be well happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It should go down, afaik there's a drop in the number of people sitting the Leaving this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Eh, CSSE in maynooth or NUI, apart from that, wherever life takes me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ballina boy

Sigh*

Repeating.

No chance in hell am i getting anywere near the points i want.

bastard maths papers....

brid_m wrote:
    I going for Liberal Arts in UL as well! :D

Phew!Lucky I'm going to repeat and aim for a better course then.Really dodged the bullet there.:p

Anybody that may be repeating going to do it on their own?Going back to either of my past two schools would be hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Well I'm going to UCC anyway. Still haven't decided if I'll change my form though! I'm trying to decide between Law, Law and French, Physics and Astrophysics, An Arts degree, or maybe Chemical and Process Engineering. I really don't know what I want to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

the amount of people who have already set their minds on repeating.. sheeeesh guys.. is that not depressing!?
    surely theres other options for you to get into the area you want? aah well

journalism in DCU for me hopfully. anything else i'll be a bit disappointed. multimedia in DCU is 2nd, and journalism with a language in DIT is 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

I'm aiming for English Literature and Film Studies in TCD. 505 last year, 525 the year before. Exams have been going well so far and I think I've three high grades from Irish, English and Biology. History tomorrow is going to be the one that decides it. I want a B2 from my three remaining exams (History, German and Physics) and all three are right bastards.

Anyone care to speculate on how the points might move in TCD arts courses this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Rockerette wrote:
    the amount of people who have already set their minds on repeating.. sheeeesh guys.. is that not depressing!?
    Not a hope in hell of me repeating. If i fail maths i'll just go in next june and take the pass paper. I was thinking about a year out anyway, maybe do a fás course in welding(and get paid to do it :D) or something like that. Its always handy to have a skill, something practical. I could end up doing a degree in automobile technology and it would be handy to have, its just the lack of jobs in the motor industry thats putting me off. Sorry for rambling on :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Put down Law in Trinity as first choice, 555 points, but with my subject level choices, the highest I can get is 570 so its not very likely ill get it.

Realistically, im going for BESS in TCD at 480 points. Anyone else doin it, get at me on MSN :cool:

If I dont get 480, im just goin straight into Accountacy Training with some company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

Anyone care to speculate on how the points might move in TCD arts courses this year?

All down except economics, I've heard. Well, the papers reported that UCD managed to steal away a lot of would-be Trinity students with the Horizons thing. Add that to the fact that this is the lowest number sitting the exam in ages, and you've got a recipe for point-lowering. Except for economics and BESS, all Trinity subjects to go down.

Odds, anyone?

Except, obviously, courses like Med, Law, Pharmacy and the like.

Im going to do an arts degree in UCD but I have my heart set on a career in the military. College is just to do History and have something to fall back on if my military career blows up in my face. The irony isnt lost on me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Less ironic, more pun...

tut tut tut. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Hoping to get mechanical engineering in UCD. My 1st 5 cao choices are all engineering in UCD and ideally i'd like to get my 1st which is undenominated entry, letting me decide which type to do in 2nd year, but due to ridiculous amounts of laziness id be happy with mechanical for 420.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Music and Arts in UCC. Am I the only one here wanting to do Music next year??? Ooh.. maybe that means that the points will go down.. *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Archimedes wrote:
    Put down Law in Trinity as first choice, 555 points, but with my subject level choices, the highest I can get is 570 so its not very likely ill get it.

Realistically, im going for BESS in TCD at 480 points. Anyone else doin it, get at me on MSN :cool:

If I dont get 480, im just goin straight into Accountacy Training with some company.

Final round offers of law last year went down to 535, second round were 540 and first round 545.

BESS is 475

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chairs

yeah im not sure yet really... decided to leave change of mind thing til after the leaving. unfortunately i reckon i failed that damn honours maths. what's the story with repeating just one subject how does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 annettemc

deisedolly wrote:
    Hoping to go to DCU and do Communication Studies(tis media studies sorta thing) but I need 450 points which I'll be very very lucky if I get it.
    I have a few other similar courses down that I'm interested in so all is not lost if i don't get that course!
    If everything goes pear shaped it'll be an Arts degree in either UCC or UCD!
    Hey me too!At the moment I have Arts UCD first choice followed by communication studies though not a hundred per cent sure!:p

Not really.I have done most of the leaving now,and I know full well that if I put my mind to it I could get serious points and something like History in Trinity.I would rather get my first choice course then I am interested in over a second rate course.

If I do not repeat the leaving,I'd probably end up with Arts in DCU.Right now though,even 365 is looking unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Social Science in ucd for me! not entirely sure whether i've got the points or not, but i'd be happy enough doin computer science as my second choice either:D

Advertisement