Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for next year

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Orizio wrote:
    If I do not repeat the leaving,I'd probably end up with Arts in DCU.Right now though,even 365 is looking unlikely.

there is no arts in DCU is there? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Rockerette wrote:
    there is no arts in DCU is there? :confused:

I'm fairly sure there is something equivalent to arts there.Or was it UCD?

Damn I just don't know these days.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bribri

ya im thinkin ucd is the place to be next year i am hoping to get social sciences its like 400 points and i think i have done well so far but still got chem and music to go so we will wait and see i guess?? any one else planning on social sciences ucd or anywhere??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

pharmacy haha yeh that is so not happening in my dreams :( oh wel the world is my oyster!hopefully biomedical health and life sciences isnt to high!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'm actually having second thoughts about law..i'm thinking maybe biochemistry in UCD now..!

• Advertisement

Kovik wrote:
    Anyone care to speculate on how the points might move in TCD arts courses this year?

I saw the figures for the first place applications to Trinity back in March, and there was an overall reduction from 2005 by around 600 places. We've all seen the reports that UCD has gone up by 10% (though their demand still isn't as high as it was in 2002, points should probably go up slightly).

Saying that, some areas went up, so it really depends what you are planning on doing. Plus there is no way to guess how they'll come out with the change of mind form, and since it is down to supply and demand, it is mere guesswork.

Orizio wrote:
    I'm fairly sure there is something equivalent to arts there.Or was it UCD?

Damn I just don't know these days.:p

hehe nah i think its UCD, theres nothin really like arts in DCU i dont think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

Myth wrote:
    I saw the figures for the first place applications to Trinity back in March, and there was an overall reduction from 2005 by around 600 places. We've all seen the reports that UCD has gone up by 10% (though their demand still isn't as high as it was in 2002, points should probably go up slightly).

Saying that, some areas went up, so it really depends what you are planning on doing. Plus there is no way to guess how they'll come out with the change of mind form, and since it is down to supply and demand, it is mere guesswork.
    If you can tell me whether or not English or English as a part of the TSM was one of those to go up, I will embrace your sexy body to mine and commit the act of sweet tenderness upon thee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Kovik wrote:
    If you can tell me whether or not English or English as a part of the TSM was one of those to go up, I will embrace your sexy body to mine and commit the act of sweet tenderness upon thee.

afaik English is expected to go up slightly. Although I can't remember why I think I know that, so I can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Kovik wrote:

alas, cao do not give figures on individual courses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Eh, live fast, die young.
    Or die trying.

Myfirst choice is Architecture. Hoping for UCD cos of the other places that do it:
    DIT: Didn't get past the aptitude test
    Limerick: Never bothered doing a portfolio
    Cork: No, just no
    The one in Cork is new so points should go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JohnPH

Where ye gettin these stats on university applications? I see the general ones on CAO but no specific colleges

alas, cao do not give figures on individual courses

Alas, I didn't receive it from the CAO! I'm involved in the Students' Union in Trinity, so that's how I came by the figures but as I said that there is absolutely no way to know how demand will be come August. I won't be advising anyone as to how a course might go up or down, bar my own guesses. And those guesses are based on memory only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Or die trying.

Myfirst choice is Architecture. Hoping for UCD cos of the other places that do it:

Architecture for me too. I got passed the portfolio in UL, not sure what the points will be. Didn't get into DIT. Have applied for WIT & UCC too, but UCD is my first choice. I'd happily do Structural Engineering & Architecture either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Or die trying.

Architecture for me too. I got passed the portfolio in UL, not sure what the points will be. Didn't get into DIT. Have applied for WIT & UCC too, but UCD is my first choice. I'd happily do Structural Engineering & Architecture either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Double post n0ob :p I'm gonna spend next year laughing at the 6th years on this forum :D

teeheeee

you'll be too drunk to care.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

UCC UCC UCC

Yeah UCC is going to be fun, Im going for Computer Science, should be a laugh, dont know that many going down but Im a sociable guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

UCC here I NOT come I might have to repeat German if I failed

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Chloé Emily

languages for international communication(french and spanish) DCU hopefully:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

I did three strong exams and three ****e ones. Won't be getting the points I need. I'll have to work out a scheme most fiendish to wrangle my way into the course I want.

Anyway, SURE WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. At least I'll never have to hear the term "electromagnetic induction" ever again.

The leaving cert is teh sux0r, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Funkstard wrote:

Considered architecture for a while but not having art was a set back. I knew what I wanted to become....somebody who draws up the plans of houses that the builders use... but then i found out that architecture is much more than this and is very art based. Considered then doing a plc in draughtmanship but figured the qualification wouldnt be worth much. As it stands i'm doing civil engineering and hope to become a consultant engineer, designing and constructing buildings. might need a masters but its still a shorter route than architecture.

Advertisement